Not applicable

Re: Denied, Denied, Approved!

Count it as a WIN!!!  CongratsSmiley Wink

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

hit up Disco every 3-6 months since it's a SP CLI anyway like Cap1 / Amex.

Wait a couple of months for those 2 to catch up w/ a refreshed score and you should be able to squeeze them for a little more.  Maybe shift your primary spend to Disco to get your #'s in line for UTIL and just put small sutff on the other 2 for the time being.

Thanks for the advise, I will do that.  I've got faith in Amex over time, but  I'm not going to get my hopes up on Capital One.  It would be good to have a bigger credit limit on a Visa or Mastercard for backup on international travel.   I've got a Merrick Visa with a large limit, but it doesn't have any cashback and charges foreign transaction fees.  But I guess it will do in a pinch.  

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats on a great card. As stated above, shift your spend to Disco now and work on paying the others off. By having only a balance on Disco, you’ll enter AZEO which is worth some extra points. Plus with the end of year cash back match, Disco is essentially a 10%/2% card the first year. Max that benefit as much as you can. Plus showing Disco the spend will help with increases down the line Smiley Happy

Thanks! I will be shifting most my spending Disco, love that cashback.    

So many new terms to learn!  It's been frustrating to me when I've looked at my credit reports that cards that I pay off in full each month always report with a balance.  Thanks to this forum I've figured out I need to time my payments and spending with the dates the individual card reports.   I've got a while to go before I can get to AZEO, but I'm going to attempt to the grow the number of accounts that report zero.  

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

That’s a great plan, but don’t app just for the sake of getting cards. Be strategic and pick cards that will work well within your spend and lifestyle, whether majors or store cards. App for keeper cards when possible, and don’t get discouraged if the limits start out low - they can grow well with good usage practices.
Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice thing with Disco is if you want to, you can redeem the cash back as a statement credit and it will be applied against your required payment for that month. Not all cards do that.
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
That’s a great plan, but don’t app just for the sake of getting cards. Be strategic and pick cards that will work well within your spend and lifestyle, whether majors or store cards. App for keeper cards when possible, and don’t get discouraged if the limits start out low - they can grow well with good usage practices.

Yeah, I'm not planning on applying for another card any time soon, I feel like I was pushing my luck here.  Plus now that I know it's possible to get bucketed based on where you were at when you originally applied.  I'd like to get to 740+ before another app.  At least now I know to wait until I'm good and settled in at Very Good before jumping on the CLI and Apps.

edit:  That's good to know about applying the cashback as payment!

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the forums, you'll learn a ton!! And congrats on the disco approval. I love my Discover it card!!
Message 17 of 21
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your success so far! Keep it up and once your UTI is down under 8%, you should easily be in the 700's and primed up for some better cards!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the Disco. She will treat you right in time. 

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I heard about how much everyone loved Disco.  After I figured out Disco meant Discover I did their pre-approval form.  I told I was pre-approved for a specific interest rate on the 5% rotating cash back card.  I felt good about that meaning I would get approved and decided to pull the trigger.  I hoped for a $500 limit...maybe $1000.   I got $5000!  What!  That's my highest limit of any account!  

This gave me a chuckle! Congrats on getting into Club Disco! ;-)

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.