Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied Discover unsecured , Approved for secure card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Denied Discover unsecured , Approved for secure card

Hi,

I  applied for regular Discover student card on 5/23 was automatically denied but i was offer the secured card with deposit of 200.00 i had to reply  by 5/29. So I accepted the offer I want to rebuild my credit and hopefully get unsecured Discover card in the future. I recieved an email 5/29 saying they need to verify information so i call the credit Analysit they  review my application  and says I was approved for secured card it will take up 14 days to processed everything.  I had to send a copy of my bank statement and void check to draft funds. Credit Analysit was very nice and helpful and answer all my questions .  The anaylist  says they will review my account 12 months to see if i am eligilbe for unsecured if so i will recieved my 200.00 back. Just make  sure I keep my account in good standing and payments up to date.  I am so excited to get the DIscover  secured card will help me my credit . They  already draft  200.00 from my account on 6/4  The funds has cleared my account   now i am waiting to recieved card. I wanted to share my  story. hopefully  more to come and good luck to everyone  trying to get approved for Discover.

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Denied Discover unsecured , Approved for secure card

Congrats on the secured card approval.. It is a start so good job!!

Message 2 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval

Message 3 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! I went through the same thing a few months ago -- I applied for the unsecured Discover It student card, was denied and immediately offered the secured It version. I took the offer of course. Make sure that you enroll (or that you're already enrolled) in their double cashback program. I was able to enroll in it 2 days ago even though I have the secured version.

Message 4 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the new card!

Message 5 of 28
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Two threads combined into one. Grats on your new card OP Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 28
NichelleN
Established Contributor

Congrats!

More than enough credit.
Message 7 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much. I  hope everyone has luck getting approve.. I know Discover is hard card to get approved for.   It  really a big step for me and everyone who wants to  established good credit in the  future to be approved of the dream card. Good luck!

Message 8 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much!

Message 9 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I have contact Discover about their cash back bonus  program to make they enroll me into the program . they say as of today 6/7  they have enroll me  so I am  all set. They told me when I get my card if i didn;t like the color I can change it.  The card is  silver. I guess it doesn't matter as  long I have the account I am very happy. I am looking forward to  getting it in my hands soon. Thanks.  I am happy to see everyone went through like I did  to get approve its really a blessing to all.

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.