Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied Discover unsecured , Approved for secure card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Denied Discover unsecured , Approved for secure card

I got it  thanks. I am a new member here so I didnt of think of that. Thank you very much.

Message 11 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!
Message 12 of 28
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (March 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 13 of 28
Ashes
Frequent Contributor

An in is an in and you are most definitely in. Smiley Wink Congratulations to you.

Officially in the garden as of 07.01.2015
Message 14 of 28
dajewa1
Regular Contributor

GRATS!!

Message 15 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Discover is great, but is also really weird. I got approved for their non-secure IT card literally 3 weeks within the same month after being flat-out denied for the same card (didn't even get an offer for the secure version). And when I got approved, they even used the same exact credit report that was pulled from when they denied me. Smiley Indifferent  Both apps done online.

Message 16 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you to  everybody responding it really make me feel good.

Message 17 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am glad you got  approved . I know it  was blessing even though their process is little wierd. But  with being patience and hopeful  it pays off for everyone in the process  just hang in there and dont give up if you get denied  try again. It works for me.

Message 18 of 28
NICKI183
Established Contributor

Congrats!  I too was offered the Discover It Secured card when i tried to apply for the regular.  I have be utilizing my card with a $200CL and pay it off monthly.  Hopefully, I wish it to graduate into a prime Discover card.   Good Luck....

Starting Score: 555/567/570- Aug 2017 (TU)646 (EQ) 626, (EX) 635-Goa 750l: UPDATE 2021 (TU) 623, (EQ) 584, (EXP) 598 Current VISA-MC-Amex Credit Cards |NFCU-CashReward-$2k|USSA Visa- $500lAmex USAA-secured Merrick-$1,900ll Amex Delta Sky Miles- $1k
, |Nordstrom-$2100|Neiman Marcus-$700|Credit One Bank $850/$500 / Capital One Journey $700/ Capital One Quicksilver One $1650/Target $600/KohlsStore $300/Personal Loans $14k
Garden Until 2/2022 removing all 18 collection baddies and decrease UTILto less than 5%
Message 19 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats ! I am just waiting for my card to arrived. When i get it I am going to make sure I use it below 30 percent of rational every time and pay off balance every month.  That why can become Discover prime  customer

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.