cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied Discover unsecured , Approved for secure card

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure

Denied Discover unsecured , Approved for secure card

Hi,

I  applied for regular Discover student card on 5/23 was automatically denied but i was offer the secured card with deposit of 200.00 i had to reply  by 5/29. So I accepted the offer I want to rebuild my credit and hopefully get unsecured Discover card in the future. I recieved an email 5/29 saying they need to verify information so i call the credit Analysit they  review my application  and says I was approved for secured card it will take up 14 days to processed everything.  I had to send a copy of my bank statement and void check to draft funds. Credit Analysit was very nice and helpful and answer all my questions .  The anaylist  says they will review my account 12 months to see if i am eligilbe for unsecured if so i will recieved my 200.00 back. Just make  sure I keep my account in good standing and payments up to date.  I am so excited to get the DIscover  secured card will help me my credit . They  already draft  200.00 from my account on 6/4  The funds has cleared my account   now i am waiting to recieved card. I wanted to share my  story. hopefully  more to come and good luck to everyone  trying to get approved for Discover.

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Super Contributor

Re: Denied Discover unsecured , Approved for secure card

Congrats on the secured card approval.. It is a start so good job!!

Message 2 of 28
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approval

Message 3 of 28
Valued Contributor

Congratulations! I went through the same thing a few months ago -- I applied for the unsecured Discover It student card, was denied and immediately offered the secured It version. I took the offer of course. Make sure that you enroll (or that you're already enrolled) in their double cashback program. I was able to enroll in it 2 days ago even though I have the secured version.

Message 4 of 28

Congrats on the new card!

CCU Secured Visa $750 | Capital One Journey $1.5k | Discover It $1.2k | Chase Freedom $2.2k
Message 5 of 28

Two threads combined into one. Grats on your new card OP Smiley Happy

"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne

Message 6 of 28
Established Contributor

Congrats!

More than enough credit. --- As of 7/19/16, gardening for a very long time ---
Message 7 of 28

Thank you very much. I  hope everyone has luck getting approve.. I know Discover is hard card to get approved for.   It  really a big step for me and everyone who wants to  established good credit in the  future to be approved of the dream card. Good luck!

Message 8 of 28

Thank you very much!

Message 9 of 28

Thanks. I have contact Discover about their cash back bonus  program to make they enroll me into the program . they say as of today 6/7  they have enroll me  so I am  all set. They told me when I get my card if i didn;t like the color I can change it.  The card is  silver. I guess it doesn't matter as  long I have the account I am very happy. I am looking forward to  getting it in my hands soon. Thanks.  I am happy to see everyone went through like I did  to get approve its really a blessing to all.

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.