cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied for Barclaycard Visa, called to recon today and was approved!

tag
msvee32
New Contributor

Denied for Barclaycard Visa, called to recon today and was approved!

I am in the process of re-establishing my credit and after doing a bit of research on here I applied for a Barclaycard Visa® with Apple Rewards. I was denied last week and today I called 866-408-4064, which was provided on another myfico form by a contributor. The rep went through my credit report and asked me a couple of questions.....1. why I filed bk in 2014 - I responded that I went through a divorce. 2. why do I have 2 closed cc accounts with balances - I stated I still make payments on the accounts but the accounts are in dispute (First Premier). She said ok and approved me for $1000 to start. She told me once my acct is established with them I can call and request a credit increase. Just wanted to thank all the contributors for sharing. This website is a great tool to helping folks re-establish themselves! 
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
916networktech
Contributor

Re: Denied Barclay called to recon today and was approved!

Hooray

http://www.andoverandvillages.co.uk/images/0lucy/anigif_enhanced-4848-1404506068-54.gif

| January 2017 American Express Blue $3000 | October 2017 American Express Everyday $2800 | October 2017 American Express Schwab Investor Card $6000 | September 2017 Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa $500 | December 2016 Discover it | $3,000 | September 2017 Paypal MC $700 | September 2017 Nordstrom Store CC $3000 | CreditCare $12000 | December 2017 BBVA Visa $12500 |

EX 688 December 2018
TU 680 December 2018
INQs: 5
Credit Started January 2017

cc
Message 2 of 13
Shawndoe79
Established Contributor

Way to go! Congrats

Current Scores EQ 689| EX 688| TU 679
Comenity 57.5k| Navy Fed 52.5k| Capital One 32.3k| Synchrony 23k| BBVA Compass 5.5k| First Commerce 4k| Barclays 1.9k|
GARDENING UNTIL APPING....
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good job, congratulations. Dv

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  Do you mind sharing your data?  I'm thinking of applying for the Barclay Apple later on this week after all my paid balances  and CLI updated.  Still somewhat hesitate because I don't want to waste an HP on it.  Thanks

Message 5 of 13
msvee32
New Contributor

Current Scores EQ 580| EX 660| TU 680

I have items that are currently in dispute, EQ - is very stubborn which is why you see such a big difference in my scores

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wish the best working with Equifax! They equal the true dictionary definition of "dumb." I will add stubborn! Ride them like a horse and don't give up.
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@msvee32 wrote:

Current Scores EQ 580| EX 660| TU 680

I have items that are currently in dispute, EQ - is very stubborn which is why you see such a big difference in my scores

Thank you.  My score is very similar to yours.  EQ is also my lowest right now since of a charged off account got updated recently.  I also have a collection with PRA and around 15 inquiries listed on TU.   From what I read here, it seems like Barclay is somewhat sensitive to high inquies..  Hopefully once all my balances are updated down to 20% UTI, TU score would go up a bit to make up for the high inquiries.

Message 8 of 13
msvee32
New Contributor

I will!
Message 9 of 13
msvee32
New Contributor

My TU is where they pulled and I do have a lot of inquiries, 11. I am working on those as well. EQ and EX have me at 4
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.