cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied for Barclaycard Visa, called to recon today and was approved!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Denied Barclay called to recon today and was approved!

Bad decision on my part last night.  Initially, I told myself to wait for another week until more paid accounts are posted onto the credit report but last night, I was thinking that there isn't much gain on TU fico when UTI moves from 27% down to 21% anyway so I went ahead and applied.  Big mistake.  I was declined, tried recon and was declined also.  The reason is too many accounts opened recently, and my installment loan balance too high.  It's a secured shared loan and payment hasn't posted yet.  Oh well, lesson learned.  When it comes to credit, cannot rush.  Need self control.

BTW, for those who are interested in Barclay, my TU was 658, EX 665, EQ only 627.  UTI at 27%.  1 collection with PRA.  AAOA 10 months.  Oldest account 2.2 years.  TU has 15 inquiries, with 6 in the last 2 months.

Message 11 of 13
msvee32
New Contributor

Darn! I am the same way, I just did the same thing with USAA

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@msvee32 wrote:

Darn! I am the same way, I just did the same thing with USAA

Planning to apply for USAA beginning of next year once my EQ increases.  Are you a member?  I'm not officially a member but USAA does allow me to apply for their products.  From what I read, it seems like military members have more chances of being approved than non-miliary members.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.