Did you mean: 

Denied for Chase Freedom

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Denied for Chase Freedom

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you have to be a student for the student credit cards like the Capital One Journey or the Bank Americard Cash Rewards? These cards look like really good options and they are all listed as cards for people that are building credit on their homepages. I was looking at those 2 cards and the Discover IT card. What are my chances for those cards? I remember that closingracer said that the Discover was his first card. Plan B would be getting a secured card from Bank of America or Capital One depending on my chances with the other cards...

I am not going to suggest fudging forms since that is not something I amto suggest Smiley Tongue

Though on the fact do you have to be a student I wouldn't really know if they require that? 

What is your Income ?  I think on the discover Form it says you need to be making at least $10,000 to be able to be approved for a CC from them at least on the pre-qualified letter I got from them 

My income is 62,500. It was less last year though, I don't know if that matters.

I also just tried the pre-approval on barclaycard and they recommended the barclaycard rewards card. It also looks like a good option but I am not sure what my chances are because they recommended it, it's not like I am actually approved.

Message 51 of 71
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you have to be a student for the student credit cards like the Capital One Journey or the Bank Americard Cash Rewards? These cards look like really good options and they are all listed as cards for people that are building credit on their homepages. I was looking at those 2 cards and the Discover IT card. What are my chances for those cards? I remember that closingracer said that the Discover was his first card. Plan B would be getting a secured card from Bank of America or Capital One depending on my chances with the other cards...

I am not going to suggest fudging forms since that is not something I amto suggest Smiley Tongue

Though on the fact do you have to be a student I wouldn't really know if they require that? 

What is your Income ?  I think on the discover Form it says you need to be making at least $10,000 to be able to be approved for a CC from them at least on the pre-qualified letter I got from them 

My income is 62,500. It was less last year though, I don't know if that matters.

I also just tried the pre-approval on barclaycard and they recommended the barclaycard rewards card. It also looks like a good option but I am not sure what my chances are because they recommended it, it's not like I am actually approved.

It won't matter unless they ask for your Tax forms

they recommended it but did it say you was pre-approved?

My income was slightly less then yours when I got my Discover so might be able to get it?

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 52 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My income was slightly less then yours when I got my Discover so might be able to get it?

It says "Based on your information, these products might interest you." Then it says recommended and shows the barclaycard rewards.

Message 53 of 71
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It says "Based on your information, these products might interest you." Then it says recommended and shows the barclaycard rewards.

You aren't pre-qualified for it so it would just be cold apping.  I would go for that or the Discover it card.   As far as secured card goes I would say Bank of America first 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
Message 54 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You aren't pre-qualified for it so it would just be cold apping.  I would go for that or the Discover it card.   As far as secured card goes I would say Bank of America first 

The discover prequalified site says "Personalized offer. Here's the card we found for you." but I guess that doesn't mean anything either. Someone also mentioned earlier that their prequalified system doesn't work very well. Seems like applying for the barclaycard or the discover would definitely be a gamble.

Message 55 of 71
taxi818
Super Contributor

If it did not say congratulations. Then it is not personal offer. That is fact. Type in name Ronald McDonald. Make up social. Or say name Mickey Mouse. It will still say based on your information. This is your offer. Sad.
Message 56 of 71
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The discover prequalified site says "Personalized offer. Here's the card we found for you." but I guess that doesn't mean anything either. Someone also mentioned earlier that their prequalified system doesn't work very well. Seems like applying for the barclaycard or the discover would definitely be a gamble.

It would be but You are making 64k a year so you should be fine with Discover. discover has been known to be more friendly to give out CC's to firsts unlike chase.  I would say app for the discover and if declined go to Secured route with Bank Of america? unless you don't want to take an unnecessary HP 

Message 57 of 71
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't know about those, but my DW applied for Discover IT student and they asked for proof. Her file was clean, no history, no card reporting, nothing. She had to send her SSN also, because it was so new (less than 1 month).

Message 58 of 71
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@newhis wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't know about those, but my DW applied for Discover IT student and they asked for proof. Her file was clean, no history, no card reporting, nothing. She had to send her SSN also, because it was so new (less than 1 month).

Discover did that to me as well Asked for my SSN and ID i believe

Message 59 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

@newhis wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Did she get aproved?

Message 60 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.