cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied for insufficient income. Do you guys have any advice? - Update: Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Denied for insufficient income. Do you guys have any advice? ;)

You are abosoluelty right! I have 4 revolving accounts, 3 of which are store cards (I shop a lot), and lenders like AMEX and FNBO won't touch me despite my perfect payment history.

Doesn't my mom techically have more bankcards than store cards. Her Sears card has the "Mastercard" logo and reports as a "Credit Card." She also has a JCPenny Mastercard, which reports as a "Credit Card." The only store card she has the JCPenny store card, which reports as a "Charge Account." 

She actually just app'd for the AMEX BCE and Citi Best Buy Visa (she was just denied the Citi Double Cash card...odd) and was approved for both of them with 6-digit limits. 

I personally think lenders can be weird sometimes. Smiley Wink

Have a great day!

Message 11 of 16
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

You are abosoluelty right! I have 4 revolving accounts, 3 of which are store cards (I shop a lot), and lenders like AMEX and FNBO won't touch me despite my perfect payment history.

Doesn't my mom techically have more bankcards than store cards. Her Sears card has the "Mastercard" logo and reports as a "Credit Card." She also has a JCPenny Mastercard, which reports as a "Credit Card." The only store card she has the JCPenny store card, which reports as a "Charge Account." 

She actually just app'd for the AMEX BCE and Citi Best Buy Visa (she was just denied the Citi Double Cash card...odd) and was approved for both of them with 6-digit limits. 

Have a great day!

Citi Best Buy And JCPenny MC and what not are on retail side of lenders not the legacy side.. Different uw standards, etc.

Message 12 of 16
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Have a great day!

Any card that has the Visa, MC, AMEX, or Disc logos are not store cards. Your original post did not describe the Sears and JCPenny cards as being visa or MC. I was searching for a reason Citi was denying her, and thought all those store cards might be it, so I am now left wondering also.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 13 of 16
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@sarge12 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Any card that has the Visa, MC, AMEX, or Disc logos are not store cards. Your original post did not describe the Sears and JCPenny cards as being visa or MC. I was searching for a reason Citi was denying her, and thought all those store cards might be it, so I am now left wondering also.

Sorry gotta disagree with you... Lets take Best Buy Visa that is UW by citi, but they got a retail division and a legacy division(Citi DC, Premier, Prestige, etc...Including Costco and a few others) the UW criteria is completely difference between the two thy also from DP don't share info with each other.  Also JCPenny for example although a MC or whatever it is underwritten by Sync which is fairly easy UW compared to once again the Citi legacy division.  If I was OP I would recon to the EO (executive office) to see iif the decision can be overturned.

Message 14 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Have a great day!

Absolutely awesome job. Your moms scores are great as is her aaol. Fantastic approvals. Remember BB is Citi's retail side. Yes if her Penny's and Sears are MC they are bank cardsSmiley Happy. Come back in 6-12 months on the DC, theyll probably come around. Big congrats to Mom again.  Remember in 61 days she may apply for a sp cli with Amex if she chooses.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@sarge12 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry gotta disagree with you... Lets take Best Buy Visa that is UW by citi, but they got a retail division and a legacy division(Citi DC, Premier, Prestige, etc...Including Costco and a few others) the UW criteria is completely difference between the two thy also from DP don't share info with each other.  Also JCPenny for example although a MC or whatever it is underwritten by Sync which is fairly easy UW compared to once again the Citi legacy division.  If I was OP I would recon to the EO (executive office) to see iif the decision can be overturned.

Interesting and seems to fit what I have heard from Citi CSRs over a long period of time (assuming one can believe CSRs?).

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.