Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deserve Pro

tag
thewally
New Contributor

Deserve Pro

I was reading about a startup called Deserve (www.deserve.com) that is using some new underwriting criteria to grant credit to international students.  I was on the website checking it out and saw that they had a no-fee pro card too for non-students.  I was looking to replace the $10k I'll be losing when my Virgin America card closes and I couldn't find any info on them on myfico so I took one for the team and applied.  I was given an instant approval but for some reason I couldn't create a login to the website after the approval so I'll have to wait until the card arrives.  They emailed to tell me that it would arrive on November 13'th.

I'll update with the limit when the card arrives and I activate it.

Score at time of application was 710, utilization ~ 10%

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Deserve Pro

Congrats on the approval. Sounds interesting. Keep us posted on how you like the card, customer service, experiences, etc.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP: We are waiting with bated breath to hear of your recent acquisition of the Deserve Pro MasterCard...  Any news you care to share?  

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recently got approved for 1k limit with the deserve Pro mastercard. 

Will update post with some initial thoughts after using the card for a few days. 

One immeadiate quirk is that the card does take time to ship (approximately 7-10 business days), unlike cards from major banks a la Discover. 

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE

I too bit the bullet and applied for the Deserve Pro MC.  Approved.  They don’t immediately give you your line of credit amount or APR, but it appears to start at 1k from two others that applied as well. After calling,  I was approved for $1k at 17.xx%. I didn’t catch the last two decimal numbers.  My ears stopped working after hearing 17.  😀

myFICO AS OF 11/23/17 Thanksgiving Day. EQ 717   EX 732   TU 732 Total uti 11%. AAoA 3 yrs 6 mos. No Baddies

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got this card after seeing it on here $1000 SL
Got the card activated tried using it declined called in the sale it was partially activated you are good to go tried using again to purchase tires declined called in rep said need proof of residence pic of insurance bill finally unfrozen.
Message 7 of 9
thewally
New Contributor

Finally received the card and setup an online account.  Only $500 SL... not worth the HP.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

ONE MONTH REVIEW OF DESERVE PRO MASTERCARD:

Approved for $1k CL.

Got the card about 1 week after approval, started using it immeadiately after activation. 

Noticed there was no chip embedded, unlike other cards. Asked cs about it, represenatative told me that it was up to the bank.

No support for mobile payments at all. This was probably going to happen due to deserve being a new credit card company. 

I mostly used it to fund my crypto purchases, due to the no foreign transaction fees (I'm looking at you, COINBASE!).

Statements came in about a week after end of the billing cycle. Payments can be only made once every 5 days. If payments must be made in multiples, make sure to have large payments!

That's it for now, will update if new features come out! 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.