Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dillard's CLI to $10,000!

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Dillard's CLI to $10,000!

Thanks everyone!!
They do offer an Amex version, which I tried to get last July and got denied :-(.

I have had this card since 2007 with an initial limit of $400, and now she's at $10k! Woo!
Without this forum, Id prob be stuck in the $5k range! Lol
I am 23 :-)

I'm a little sore with not being able to obtain the Amex upgrade :-(. I spend maybe like $200-500 a year and pif, and I know "Elite" status requires $2k+spend per year!

Sucks bc my Walmart and Banana Rep store cards were both upgraded lol but not Dillard's. oh well, I have two other Amexes! Haha

I keep halfway expecting them to deny my clis, but they never do. I don't call them all the time; I wait at least 2-3 months, and I'll even wait 4-6 months sometimes. I just have a lot of GECRB accts that have diff cli schedules.

I do sorta feel like banks are beginning to lend more, even though US Credit Card debt is still falling per the Fed Reserve's most recent release on Comsumer Credit :-)

Anyway, good luck everyone!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 11 of 22
LesWH
Established Contributor

Congratulations to you!!!

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 12 of 22
HindSight_20_20
Frequent Contributor

Loll at 23 years old I wasn't THINKING about CLI's and CC's - and that was...well years ago!  To read about how you are handling things with such responsibility and 'financial maturity' is good to see.

I truly wish you the very best in your financial journey - keep up the great work! Smiley Happy

Goal Score: EX 700|TU 700|EQ700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

HiltonHonors AMEX 2K | Amazon Store CC $800 | Bed Bath & Beyond 2K | Lowes CC 11K | Cap 1 Secured $500 | Cap 1 Plat $300 | Cap 1 Savor 1K |Citi Secured $200 | Target $500 | Kohl's $1K | Truist Cashback 4.5K | Penfed Power Cash Back 3.5K |Apple Pay CC 3K | Venmo Sig Visa 7.5K | SECU 13.5K | Bragg Mutual FCU 10K | Best Buy Citi Visa $2.5K | DiscoverIT CB 11.5K
Message 13 of 22
snowkitty
Established Contributor

Congrats!!! Cat Very Happy

TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 14 of 22
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I still go out and party haha! But I pay my bills always on time! And mostly in full SINCE I was 18.

I just have seen how valuable it is to have established credit when looking to purchase homes or vehicles, and I never want to get denied something like that for failing to establish credit. Now my fear is being told to close some of my high limit accts to be approved for a larger ticket item haha.

:-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 15 of 22
HindSight_20_20
Frequent Contributor

"... Now my fear is being told to close some of my high limit accts to be approved for a larger ticket item haha...."

If that's what it takes to achieve the higher goal... then so be it.   You've employed these cards to work for 'you', each of them has a specific goal or 'job' if you will - whether it be raising FICO's, earning Points, free food, gas, miles, etc.  they each are sent out daily, weekly, monthly to acquire certain things. 

At some point in your journey you may be asked to play a move on the "Credit Chess Board" which would cost you a 'pawn' but you'd gain a 'bishop' in its place - so no worries, you're savvy enough to know when to make that move.

(a little dramatic on the example but just painting a picture) that's all. Smiley Wink

Goal Score: EX 700|TU 700|EQ700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

HiltonHonors AMEX 2K | Amazon Store CC $800 | Bed Bath & Beyond 2K | Lowes CC 11K | Cap 1 Secured $500 | Cap 1 Plat $300 | Cap 1 Savor 1K |Citi Secured $200 | Target $500 | Kohl's $1K | Truist Cashback 4.5K | Penfed Power Cash Back 3.5K |Apple Pay CC 3K | Venmo Sig Visa 7.5K | SECU 13.5K | Bragg Mutual FCU 10K | Best Buy Citi Visa $2.5K | DiscoverIT CB 11.5K
Message 16 of 22
Epcot
Valued Contributor

That's alot of shopping at Dillards! Congrats on the increase. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 17 of 22
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@HindSight_20_20 wrote:

"... Now my fear is being told to close some of my high limit accts to be approved for a larger ticket item haha...."

If that's what it takes to achieve the higher goal... then so be it.   You've employed these cards to work for 'you', each of them has a specific goal or 'job' if you will - whether it be raising FICO's, earning Points, free food, gas, miles, etc.  they each are sent out daily, weekly, monthly to acquire certain things. 

At some point in your journey you may be asked to play a move on the "Credit Chess Board" which would cost you a 'pawn' but you'd gain a 'bishop' in its place - so no worries, you're savvy enough to know when to make that move.

(a little dramatic on the example but just painting a picture) that's all. Smiley Wink

I love that!  and yes OP I would rather have a bank tell me they need me to close something to be able to buy something but I have never had that happen to me besides Bank of America in the past saying no CLI but they would be happy to take from another limit at Bank of America (dislike them anyway)  I'm all for CLI... If you keep building credit, and they want to keep increasing it, I say take it... especially when it's only a SP!

Message 18 of 22
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Nice increase! I love Dillards.

Congratulations!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 22
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Thanks!!! I love Dillard's too! They have insane discount sales on pretty high quality clothes that fit very well!!:-)
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.