Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointed with Navy Approval

tag
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Disappointed with Navy Approval

@AI_JMV 

Hang in there, the light is at the end of the tunnel. And you're closing in on the exit!

It's just a battle scare. I have many of those!😂

In a few months you'll be nearly unstoppable! This virus isn't helping matters. That's for sure!

If Navy hasn't frozen your card and accounts. You've still had a better start than I.😉

Message 31 of 89
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@AI_JMV wrote:

I know I should be happy to finally get in with Navy, but I can't help but be absolutely pis**d. I was approved for a $1k SL, 14.49% APR with current TU scores. I make 562k per year, <1% util, and this is the result I get.  On top of that, I got declined for the Amex BCE, cold apped Chase, and got declined.  So much for a post-closing app spree. Smiley Sad I just don't know what I am doing wrong. I can't even grow my limits very well.  I just don't understand.. 

Am i teading this correctly,  you make half a million a year? Wow, you need to concentrate on those banks that cater to the high income earners. Navy on occasion has been cautious with high income earners,  no clue why. Good news is you are in. But they definetly see something they dont like.  Try in 91/3 and see where you stand. 3 months in credit is nothing. Good luck. I always say, ill always take $ over a cc. You only need one cc to swipe but $, doesnt grow on treesSmiley Wink

Message 32 of 89
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Chase blacklists for BK for 10 years regardless of if they were included, or not. Amex is currently not doing any recons because of the current economic climate. As for Navy, recent DPs are showing they may have tightened up lately as well, with many people getting low starting limits and only $10 - 15k second cards.

@Brian_Earl_Spilner, I do beg to differ ...

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Navy-CLI-and-new-Card/td-p/6028886

Message 33 of 89
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@AI_JMV wrote:

@followgreatness TU: F09 805, F08 827, AAoA 14 years, 8 months. 3/12 INQ

Jesus, with scores like that I would expect to get approved for anything and everything. Smiley Sad

Chin up OP, things will get better I am sure.  Smiley Happy

Potential Future Cards
Message 34 of 89
Gotham-
Frequent Contributor

Gotham is always Darkest before the dawn, and your dawn is after 91 days and that 3 rd statement drops BK off your report is like gearing up for a Arkham Parade...
congrats on the approval 🎉🎊✅
the Bat Attack countdown has begun for your comeback
🦇🦇🦇
so seriously Navy will redeem you if you choose to go with a second card also this Covid-19 is a pain like “BANE” so some precaution is expected but over all your scores are overkill ✅ no baddies except BK you have the years ... and you file is not thin so This set back will pass... take this time for thinking what cards you want You’re a prime candidate for any card you want keep that in mind AMEX will come around but Chase is a JOKER 🃏 always has been always will ... HAPPY HUNTING
I’ll be watching (I know that’s creepy but like LEGO Batman kool 😂 )
2018 Dec Starting Score: 700
Current Score: 778
Achieved Goal Score 2020: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 35 of 89
AI_JMV
Regular Contributor

UPDATE: THERE IS HOPE! 

I called Amex to recon the BCP, and the agent took the recon info, and sent it to UW. He told me that it might be Monday before I hear anything, and they may have to pull my credit report, yada yada.. right before we were about to get off the phone, he said wait a minute... it has just updated, and I am happy to report you have been approved!!! Wait for it..........  

$30,000 SL!!!!! Well, that just officially kicked my little NFCU 1k CL's butt hahahaha.... My highest limit.. FINALLY!!!! And one of my goal cards.  I AM SO FREAKING HAPPY!!!!!!! Thank you to all of you for all the support and virtual hugs.. I was so bummed this morning, but what a comeback!!! Smiley Very Happy

Still waiting to hear about the NFCU recon, but I think this is enough to make me very **bleep** happy for now.  woo hoo!!! 

Sept 2022 EQ-825 TU-840 EX-830
UTIL: 1%
Message 36 of 89
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@AI_JMV wrote:

I called Amex to recon the BCE, and the agent took the recon info, and sent it to UW. He told me that it might be Monday before I hear anything, and they may have to pull my credit report, yada yada.. right before we were about to get off the phone, he said wait a minute... it has just updated, and I am happy to report you have been approved!!! Wait for it..........  

$30,000 SL!!!!! Well, that just officially kicked my little NFCU 1k CL's butt hahahaha.... My highest limit.. FINALLY!!!! And one of my goal cards.  I AM SO FREAKING HAPPY!!!!!!! Thank you to all of you for all the support and virtual hugs.. I was so bummed this morning, but what a comeback!!! Smiley Very Happy

Still waiting to hear about the NFCU recon, but I think this is enough to make me very **bleep** happy for now.  woo hoo!!! 

Sweet, enjoy!

Message 37 of 89
CreditobsessedinFL
Established Contributor

@AI_JMV wrote:

I called Amex to recon the BCE, and the agent took the recon info, and sent it to UW. He told me that it might be Monday before I hear anything, and they may have to pull my credit report, yada yada.. right before we were about to get off the phone, he said wait a minute... it has just updated, and I am happy to report you have been approved!!! Wait for it..........  

WELL AL'RIGHT! YOU GO!!!

Message 38 of 89
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@AI_JMV wrote:

I called Amex to recon the BCP, and the agent took the recon info, and sent it to UW. He told me that it might be Monday before I hear anything, and they may have to pull my credit report, yada yada.. right before we were about to get off the phone, he said wait a minute... it has just updated, and I am happy to report you have been approved!!! Wait for it..........  

Now that was a grand slam!!! lol

Isn't it funny how quickly things can turn around for the better? This credit stuff can shake you and bring you to your knees. Then all of a sudden, take you to the mountain top!! Very happy for you!! Good job in not giving up!Smiley Very Happy

Message 39 of 89
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Chase blacklists for BK for 10 years regardless of if they were included, or not. Amex is currently not doing any recons because of the current economic climate. As for Navy, recent DPs are showing they may have tightened up lately as well, with many people getting low starting limits and only $10 - 15k second cards.

@Brian_Earl_Spilner, I do beg to differ ...

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Navy-CLI-and-new-Card/td-p/6028886

Well, I don't hang out in approvals and every navy thread I've clicked on has supported what I said. Maybe it's skewed by not reading every thread, but there sure have been a lot of disappointed with navy threads lately, much more recently than in the entire 2 years I've been here.

Message 40 of 89
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.