Disappointed with Navy Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disappointed with Navy Approval

@Wavester64 wrote:

@AI_JMV wrote:

@followgreatness TU: F09 805, F08 827, AAoA 14 years, 8 months. 3/12 INQ

Jesus, with scores like that I would expect to get approved for anything and everything. Smiley Sad

Chin up OP, things will get better I am sure.  Smiley Happy

Actually 800s see more denials than 700s at times. They're not viewed as profitable. 

Message 61 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AI_JMV wrote:

UPDATE: THERE IS HOPE! 

I called Amex to recon the BCP, and the agent took the recon info, and sent it to UW. He told me that it might be Monday before I hear anything, and they may have to pull my credit report, yada yada.. right before we were about to get off the phone, he said wait a minute... it has just updated, and I am happy to report you have been approved!!! Wait for it..........  

$30,000 SL!!!!! Well, that just officially kicked my little NFCU 1k CL's butt hahahaha.... My highest limit.. FINALLY!!!! And one of my goal cards.  I AM SO FREAKING HAPPY!!!!!!! Thank you to all of you for all the support and virtual hugs.. I was so bummed this morning, but what a comeback!!! Smiley Very Happy

Still waiting to hear about the NFCU recon, but I think this is enough to make me very **bleep** happy for now.  woo hoo!!! 

$30K is one mighty recon, congrats!

Message 62 of 89
AI_JMV
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous I ran 300k+ through all my cards last year. They might want to update their data points. Smiley Wink 

Sept 2022 EQ-825 TU-840 EX-830
UTIL: 1%
Message 63 of 89
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@AI_JMV wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

@AI_JMV wrote:

Jesus, with scores like that I would expect to get approved for anything and everything. Smiley Sad

I dare ya to go for a DC Power VisaSmiley Wink

Sorry.. marvel 4lyfe lol.. I even have a black widow tattoo! 

I love both, Superman 4 life lol, but it was more a jab at how hatd it is to obtain the DC card . Marvel can be had for a measely 700 ficoSmiley Wink 

By the bye, dat movie will be sic!

Message 64 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AI_JMV  Super Congrats on your Navy Fed approval,

even if it is only for $1,000. At least you're in with them. Smiley Very Happy

Circling back at 91/3 for a CLI/2nd card should work out quite nicely.

By that time 1) your BK13 will have fallen off your EQ report, and

2) your Amex $30,000 BCP will be reporting as well. In addition,

you can hit up Amex for a 3X CLI at 61 days. Even if you only get

50 or 60k, that'll help to ease the pain from your Navy Fed 1k approval. 

Finally, as previously mentioned Chase is radioactive when it comes

to BKs on credit files (even if they SP them). By Aug, you should be fine.

Congrats again on your Navy Fed and Amex approvals. Thanks for sharing! Smiley Very Happy

Message 65 of 89
AI_JMV
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous  Chase denied due to 5/24. They never pulled EQ (SP or otherwise). I asked for a recon and got a big nope. Smiley Happy 

Sept 2022 EQ-825 TU-840 EX-830
UTIL: 1%
Message 66 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AI_JMV  Thanks for the Chase clarification. At least now you know

why they denied you. So let's hope 3 months down the road that at least

1 of your 5 approvals falls outside the 24 month window & you can app again.

Message 67 of 89
thornback
Senior Contributor

@AI_JMV wrote:

I called Amex to recon the BCP, and the agent took the recon info, and sent it to UW. He told me that it might be Monday before I hear anything, and they may have to pull my credit report, yada yada.. right before we were about to get off the phone, he said wait a minute... it has just updated, and I am happy to report you have been approved!!! Wait for it..........  

$30,000 SL!!!!! Well, that just officially kicked my little NFCU 1k CL's butt hahahaha.... My highest limit.. FINALLY!!!! And one of my goal cards.  I AM SO FREAKING HAPPY!!!!!!! Thank you to all of you for all the support and virtual hugs.. I was so bummed this morning, but what a comeback!!! Smiley Very Happy

Still waiting to hear about the NFCU recon, but I think this is enough to make me very **bleep** happy for now.  woo hoo!!! 

WoW!  That's fantastic.  Congratulations - I'm happy you finally got something you wanted!!  Well Deserved - Enjoy! 

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 68 of 89
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

@AI_JMV wrote:

Actually 800s see more denials than 700s at times. They're not viewed as profitable. 

@Anonymous, I am glad someone gets itSmiley Happy

Message 69 of 89
Gotham-
Frequent Contributor

@AI_JMV wrote:

see what happens after the creepy GOTHAM Speech! 😆
🦇🦇🦇🥊💥🥊💥🥊💥✅✅✅
2018 Dec Starting Score: 700
Current Score: 778
Achieved Goal Score 2020: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 70 of 89
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.