Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointed with Navy Approval

tag
AI_JMV
Regular Contributor

Disappointed with Navy Approval

I know I should be happy to finally get in with Navy, but I can't help but be absolutely pis**d. I was approved for a $1k SL, 14.49% APR with current TU scores. I make 562k per year, <1% util, and this is the result I get.  On top of that, I got declined for the Amex BCP, cold apped Chase, and got declined.  So much for a post-closing app spree. Smiley Sad I just don't know what I am doing wrong. I can't even grow my limits very well.  I just don't understand.. 

Sept 2022 EQ-825 TU-840 EX-830
UTIL: 1%
Message 1 of 89
88 REPLIES 88
followgreatness
Contributor

Re: Disappointed with Navy Approval

Whoa

What are your scores, AOAA, and inq's?

Message 2 of 89
AI_JMV
Regular Contributor

@followgreatness TU: F09 805, F08 827, AAoA 14 years, 8 months. 3/12 INQ

Message 3 of 89
thornback
Senior Contributor

@AI_JMV wrote:

I know I should be happy to finally get in with Navy, but I can't help but be absolutely pis**d. I was approved for a $1k SL, 14.49% APR with current TU scores. I make 562k per year, <1% util, and this is the result I get.  On top of that, I got declined for the Amex BCE, cold apped Chase, and got declined.  So much for a post-closing app spree. Smiley Sad I just don't know what I am doing wrong. I can't even grow my limits very well.  I just don't understand.. 

Dang.  Sorry for the low limit -- but at least they approved you (bright side?).    Navy will grow - so just use the card and build your relationship.  Very sorry for the Amex/Chase denials.   What were the denial reasons given?   Chase may have viewed Equifax too (via SP) and saw the BK still reporting -- they're known to deny for BK regardless of age.  

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 4 of 89
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval! Think of it as a "getting to know you" stage. Hopefully, you'll be pleased with the 2nd and 3rd card if you choose to apply in the future.

Message 5 of 89
AI_JMV
Regular Contributor

@thornback  It's definitely possible.. I haven't received the reason yet. Will get a letter in 7 to 10.  I am going to try to recon tomorrow.  Amex, they used an old report, and even though it went into review, I had my EX report locked, so the recon got denied. Not sure if I have any recourse there.  Either way, I am super over Chase rn, and really tired of getting treated like a second class credit citizen.

Message 6 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy is known to use EQ Fico 9 model unless things have changed. (Just started back up following these forums) Did you get an alert on which report they pulled? I know you mention TU score but just wanted to clarify you're certain which one was pulled. Either way with that BK falling off soon you should be good after 91/3 timeframe for a CLI. 

Message 7 of 89
AI_JMV
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous They pulled TU.  I had EQ locked, but they still might have SP'ed it.

Message 8 of 89
thornback
Senior Contributor

@AI_JMV wrote:

@thornback  It's definitely possible.. I haven't received the reason yet. Will get a letter in 7 to 10.  I am going to try to recon tomorrow.  Amex, they used an old report, and even though it went into review, I had my EX report locked, so the recon got denied. Not sure if I have any recourse there.  Either way, I am super over Chase rn, and really tired of getting treated like a second class credit citizen.

Gotcha.  I don't know any recourse for the Amex recon either, but if you call tomorrow and it doesn't work out - maybe just chill for a couple of months and reapply -- especially since your BK will fall from EQ in June/July and you'll have 3 clear reports.  Amex does sometimes softpull other reports.

I've been holding a grudge against Chase for 11 years now, so I get it... lol. 

Good luck if you do decide to recon tomorrow!   And congrats on your closing -- that's a big deal and way more special than a credit card!! 

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 9 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotcha. Perhaps maybe send them a secure message thru online banking. I've read some people have succes in getting an increase when pleading their case on a new approval. Worth a shot. Good luck!

Message 10 of 89
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.