Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disco Approval but won't expedite?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disco Approval but won't expedite?

So related to this thread:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Applying-for-Discover-after-10-months-of-pr...

Discover has been sending offers for 10 months with solid apr's probably received 16 of them in the last 10 months.

Finally decided to app because SO is still within their first year too so the referral bonus would be doubled it makes it worth it, no spend requirements Smiley Happy

Starting Limit: $5,000 but went on the Live Chat and they said "at this time we do not expedite new cards".

I thought they usually do expedite if you ask. It's a nice SL the main thing we are happy about is the $200 free with no Spend requirements and effectively another year of CashBack Match Smiley Happy

Also, do they usually send an e-mail or something after approval? Because no emails received at all Smiley Sad

(Side Note - Sorry mods if I was if it's considered a cross post wasn't sure how to do this it's my first time and I'm on my IPhone).
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disco Approval but won't expedite?

Congrats on your approval!

Discover sends usually pretty quickly with tracking number. I got it within 3 days.

If you have USPS Delivery Notifications, you should get an alert for it

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently got my card. Don;t worry they didnt send me an email neither after approval and did not send me an email when my card was being sent. What you can do is just call them for a tracking number, the package is sent first class mail with tracking. I just kept calling asking for tracking, I believe the tracking was available the 2nd or 3rd day after I applied. They do send quick, I got mine no later than a week and this was with the weekend in the way, if you apply early in the weekday youll prob get it faster. 

They are very good with giving you updates and handing you over the tracking number for your card, just follow up with them!

Message 3 of 10
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your Disco approval Matt4200!! A very nice SL at that!
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's strange I checked all 3 reports just now and no HP has been done.

There's about 50 SP's codes as PRM* Discover (promotional inquiries).

Is this normal or not really?
Message 6 of 10
kberly69
Frequent Contributor

No, no emails which made me nervous too but it was real! Smiley Happy

CH7 BK Discharged 10/16
Oct/Nov 2016: EQ 632 TU 532 EX 573
Feb 2017: EQ 695 TU 673 EX 670
March 2017 EQ 702 TU 676 EX 673
April 2017 EX 683 (TU & EQ unknown)
May 2017 EQ 695 TU 685 EX 693
Feb 2018 EQ 704 TU 687 EX 694

9/24/20: 4 years from discharge FICO 8: EQ 751 EX 765 TU 766 FICO 9 EQ 814 EX 804 TU 821
Message 7 of 10
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

They don't expedite a first card.

They told me they will expedite future cards, though.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's strange I wonder why?
Message 9 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on tge great sl MattSmiley Happy. Nice overall game plan with DiscoSmiley Wink
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.