Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disco Approval

tag
jlitnns
Established Contributor

Disco Approval

So, I nabbed my first IT card June 2017, it was a cold app and had an SL of $5.5k and has grown up to $13.5k.

I just hit my 1 year mark with it and have really enjoyed the card and the growth. Anyways, I've been doing some reading on here and seeing people go for a 2nd IT card. I hit up the pre-qual page and was pre-qual'd for all of their cards and offers. I chose to app again for the IT CB with 14 mos 0% and CB match.

Boom, approved, $15k.

I had so many new cards last year since I didn't have much history that I opened A LOT and didn't take advantage of the purchasing power because I had so many new cards with SUB's. Going to use this as exclusively as I can this next year wherever it is accepted.

EX F8: 704 (HP, instant) Robot Very Happy

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Disco Approval

Congrats.. Discover certainly likes you.

I assume you plan on combining them when you have a CLI available?

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Interesting note: I had earlier today visited the Disco Prequal site & they pulled EX for me. Is it random, a geography thing, something else?

Message 3 of 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!

Interesting note: I had earlier today visited the Disco Prequal site & they pulled EX for me. Is it random, a geography thing, something else?

If you use pre-qual site more time than not it is experian, but obviously it appears they pulled possibly something else for OP unless he just listed his TU score or whether it was a TU pull for sure?

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on approval and monster SL

Message 5 of 13
jlitnns
Established Contributor

Edit: I'm a liar, thanks for asking. I double checked and they did pull Exp. I'll update above.

For some reason I was thinking TU. Derp.

Message 6 of 13
jlitnns
Established Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Congrats.. Discover certainly likes you.

I assume you plan on combining them when you have a CLI available?

Yes, planning on combining in the future. 

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jlitnns wrote:

Edit: I'm a liar, thanks for asking. I double checked and they did pull Exp. I'll update above.

For some reason I was thinking TU. Derp.

Maybe you were thinking TU because that's the score they give on the website for existing CC holders (such as yourself)? 

Message 8 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on being in Discos good Grace's.Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jlitnns wrote:

So, I nabbed my first IT card June 2017, it was a cold app and had an SL of $5.5k and has grown up to $13.5k.

I just hit my 1 year mark with it and have really enjoyed the card and the growth. Anyways, I've been doing some reading on here and seeing people go for a 2nd IT card. I hit up the pre-qual page and was pre-qual'd for all of their cards and offers. I chose to app again for the IT CB with 14 mos 0% and CB match.

Boom, approved, $15k.

I had so many new cards last year since I didn't have much history that I opened A LOT and didn't take advantage of the purchasing power because I had so many new cards with SUB's. Going to use this as exclusively as I can this next year wherever it is accepted.

EX F8: 704 (HP, instant) Robot Very Happy

Congrats on the approval!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.