Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disco CLI Double Dipage Doubled My CL!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disco CLI Double Dipage Doubled My CL!

The people in this forum are sooo awesome! Please excuse me for being excited.

Opened my Disco It in Nov, SL $600. Total charges on the card since I opened were about $550 and I PIF. 0 bal on the card right now. This is my 3rd month with the card so...

Thru the app, I hit the “Luv” button and was offered $300 to bring my total CL to $900. I was quite happy with that. I decided to search some previous threads about a double dip with Disco. I saw a number to call (‭1 (800) 347-4856). I called and spoke to a very nice (professional) lady. “I just received a CLI if $300, which was less than I expected. Could you please check if I am eligible for a little more?” Placed me on hold for about 10sec and said, “we are able to offer you another $300 to bring your total CL to $1200.” I tried to hold the excitement in my voice down. I accepted. She thanked me for being a loyal Disco cardmember since Nov 2018.

Thank you guys and gals so much!

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: Disco CLI Double Dipage Doubled My CL!

Congratulations!!!!

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 2 of 23
Talonwildstar
Frequent Contributor

Wtg! Congrats my 3 months is March first! I’m gonna try the same thing!
AmEx BCE 20k | PNC visa 10k | Synchrony 2% MC 9.3k | LLBean Citi MC 6k | PNC points signature visa 15k | CapOne QS1 1.8.k | Citi DC. 7.750k | Discover it. 7k | Am Ex Gold | Kohl’s. $3k | Amazon Store. 10k | Overstock. 13.6k | Boscovs. 14k | Best Buy S.C. 2.8k | Home Depot 2k | Total CL 149,000 | PNC personal loan 7500 down to 6200 | Oldest credit 4yr 8 months , newest 1/2020 | *1% card utilization only 1 inquiry on Experian 0 on others

As of 05/03/22
Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I’m a skeptical person but you can’t argue with results. I’m amazed. I know it’s all peanuts for most but for me it’s UUUGE. Lol.
Message 4 of 23
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrat-ru-rations!  Robot Happy

Got'sta love that DDD!

Message 6 of 23
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Welcome OP to MyFICO

Peanuts? Absolutely not 😁.

Congratulations on your skillful and successful first DD. Spectacular!

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

Peanuts compared to some CLI I’ve seen here. Lol. One day I will have those large increases as well. Learning a lot from others.

I can’t express how appreciative I am to the people here. To be able to learn from others past experiences and taking to heart (wallet) the advice they give is priceless.
Message 8 of 23
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Super congratsSmiley Happy. Please dont take this bad but i lol when they thanked you for your loyalty since Nov 2018Smiley Wink. It made it sound like 20 years but has been only 3 months. Dont worry we will get there in time. Ive resched my 90 plus since my last cli but am still being rejectedSmiley Wink
Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit Thank you! But, how dare you!? Lol. Kidding. The lady made me feel like I was a life-long cardholder. There was a bit of sarcasm in my voice as I was reading what I was typing, back to myself (not out loud). Obviously didn’t translate well on to the screen. Or did it...?

It actually hadn’t even been 90 days. I read somewhere that they go by the month. I opened the acct on Nov 20th. My CR says opened Nov 1st. So, Feb 1st was the start of the 3rd month...I guess.

I just confused myself. Dangit.
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.