Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disco CLI & Combine 2 Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disco CLI & Combine 2 Cards

Disco1 (SL 8k) was originally issued 5+ years ago.

Disco2 (SL 3k) came 1 1/2 years ago, not long after I had discovered this place.

Disco1 has been sockdrawered until very recently. The 1st year 10% category cashback on Disco2 was too hard to pass up. It's even a decent 2% on non-category spend. No reason to use Disco1.

But I learned last year that to combine the two cards the receiving one needs to be eligible for a CLI. The donor card does not. So last month I used Disco1 some after literally zero use for almost 18 months. I tried for a CLI two weeks ago after the statement cut = denied.

Today I was idle and tried again = 2000 CLI. I called in for the DD and was offered another 500. Then I asked to combine the credit limits and to close Disco 2, the newer card. CSR said, "Sure, no problem." She came back about five minutes later with a problem: to combine the cards would cost me the extra 500 CLI. She wasn't sure why. Thought it might be a new process. I thought of HUCA , but decided against. My account has since been updated reflecting the changes.

DPs:

New CL = $27,500

CLI: $2000

SP TU: 748

4th CLI since 8/2019

Had a recent run of CLI 3 straight months detailed here.

Disco Luv is real Smiley LOL

EDIT: Now 5 hours later and I checked the Disco pre-approval site -- I'm good to go if I want to add a 2nd card again. If only it showed the SL. What to do what to do what to do?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Disco CLI & Combine 2 Cards

Luvin da DiscoSmiley Happy so...only $500 to combine?Smiley Wink The anti SUB😂
Message 2 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 3 of 13
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI and account combination!

Message 4 of 13
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Congrats!
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your CLI.

Message 6 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@JamesA, go for another disco! We need data points on whether you'll be asked for a 4506-T Smiley Wink.
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
@JamesA, go for another disco! We need data points on whether you'll be asked for a 4506-T Smiley Wink.

You would have me be the canary in the mine shaft, eh? And here I thought we were becoming pals! 

I can't take credit for the CLI/Combine/Close/Open idea. Another poster did this a few months back -- in fact, got the new 2nd card minutes after closing the old 2nd card. Hopefully there would be an update if this caused problems.

But I don't see why this action would too ruffle Discover's feathers. Especially if is offset by regular responsible use and on-time payments. 

Message 8 of 13
Gotham-
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the Disco Marriage
I guess $500 was the cost of their wedding documents SMH 🤦‍♂️ Disco still luvs to dance to their own songs...aww Disco Disco 😆

Nonetheless you are
🦇🦇🦇🥊💥🥊💥🥊💥✅✅✅
2018 Dec Starting Score: 700
Current Score: 778
Achieved Goal Score 2020: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! 👍
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.