Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disco CLI success

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disco CLI success

Just had my 3rd statement cut. Asked for a CLI today and got a $2500 increase from 5k to 7.5k. A few weeks ago I also got the Amex 3x on my BCE from 2k to 6k. This forum really has been amazing. My scores are all at 699 or 700. Up about 50 or 60 points each in just a few months.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disco CLI success

Congratulations!

I've actually tried to increase both of mine an hour ago and neither are messing with me yet. Smiley LOL

Discover even raised my fico on their site up 50 points and still no love but I'm sure its because of my balance, but that will be paid off soon. I only owe Amex 24 bucks and they still won't increase me. Oh well. One day!

Message 2 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Amazing! Disco is gonna treat you REAL good. Not even 4 months and they are already giving 2500 increases. Enjoy the filet mignonSmiley Wink
Message 3 of 8
EW800
Valued Contributor

Congrats!  In my experience, treat the card well and it will treat you really well in return!  I was in about the $4,000 range a few years ago and got it up to over $60K now.  

Again, congrats!  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 4 of 8
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the Discover/AmEx CLI's - Discover will give SP increases every couple of months, when thet start getting approved for only $500 you'll know you are near the top of where they want to give you SP increases. Another hint is after a year or so of having the card call and ask for an APR reduction, a lot of times they'll say no, but offer to give you another 6-9-12 months of 0% APR - hard to beat that !

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Just had my 3rd statement cut. Asked for a CLI today and got a $2500 increase from 5k to 7.5k. A few weeks ago I also got the Amex 3x on my BCE from 2k to 6k. This forum really has been amazing. My scores are all at 699 or 700. Up about 50 or 60 points each in just a few months.

Congratulations and way to go Skitmo ;-)

Have you been putting a lot thru the card, putting just a few on the card, or nothing at all?

With me in the beginning I was not using the card at all for the first several months, and they gave my CLIs with no usage.  Then they told me I was not demonstrating that I was using the current credit line.  So it was at that point in time I started using it.  Then they gave me CLIs again.  But, I pay in full each and every month.

Again congratulations on your recent CLIs with both Discover and BCE ;-)

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! Nice Disco increase
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been putting a pretty good amount through it. Statements have been cutting between $700-$1500. Always PIF. I also put a $1000 BT on it. Q2 home improvement bonus category has been a good one for me because of my job. I was able to max it out in the first month.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.