cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disco Double Dip Success for me and Fiance!

tag
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

Disco Double Dip Success for me and Fiance!

Hello Everyone!!

So I got my Disco in September of this year with a $1,500 SL. After getting some Heart from Synchrony yesterday, I decided to snake my way into Disco's bed. I was going to wait because my scores hadn't updated on the Disco website like they had on my Synchrony accounts, but we all know I'm too impatient to wait. They only gave me a $300 increase, which I was sorta happy with, but decided to give them a call. I just called the number on the back of my card, told them I was a little disappointed in the increase I got online, and they came back with increasing it to $2,500! $1,000 increase ain't bad (at least for me).

Now on to the fiance. I've been helping him with his credit ever since I started rebuilding mine. He has good credit (no derog's, but 2 late payments that should fall off early next year). He's constantly getting credit card offers in the mail from BofA, WF, etc. His scores are about in the 680's right now. He applied for his Disco card back in September as well and was approved for $8,000 (and AMEX for $1,000). I told him to smash that luv button last night, as I had gotten a small increase on mine earlier in the day. Approved for a $4,000 increase! He just looked at me with this huge smile and couldn't believe it! It was around 11:00 pm, so I told him to call in the morning before work to see about getting a little double dip action. I'll update later with the results! We also tried doing an AMEX increase, but I couldn't find it on the app, so he'll try on the computer later.

Thank you guys for the amazing advice that's always given here! I would've been happy with my little $300 increase and been none the wiser without you guys.

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
6 REPLIES 6
Noneed2nv
Regular Contributor

Re: Disco Double Dip Success for me and Fiance!

Congrats on the Disco luv.  Good luck with AMEX CLI

Related image

Message 2 of 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats to both of you on the increases!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Big congratsSmiley Happy Tell DH to tell Discover that 4k is not enough, maybe they'll feel badSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 7
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Grats!

And fairly certain Discover is 24 hour US based customer support.  Every time I've called in, it's been in the middle of the night.  Chat on the other hand doesn't always seem to be as such, or just very limited and have to be paying attention at just the right time to get in that queue.

Message 6 of 7
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Grats!

And fairly certain Discover is 24 hour US based customer support.  Every time I've called in, it's been in the middle of the night.  Chat on the other hand doesn't always seem to be as such, or just very limited and have to be paying attention at just the right time to get in that queue.

Aw man! I wish we would've known that. He still hasn't called them... He doesn't get as excited about these things as I do, so he's perfectly happy with the $12,000 limit. I'd be scraping every last cent out of them! haha

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.