Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disco double dipper + apr reduction ;-)

tag
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Disco double dipper + apr reduction ;-)

Just wanted to share a small victory with the forums. I believe at least for me sometimes it’s the small victories that keep us going.

I like many on the forums had been mashing the cli button and receiving “nada” from disco over the past year. Couldn’t blame them actually as my spend has been down considerably since the holidays. Last double dip sucess was around April of last year. 

But I have been faithfully hitting the button just about every other week and to my surprise they offered up $500 smacks😁 took it and immediately hit the phone line and squeezed out another $500 for a total of $1k to bring my total limit to $13k. Nothing legendary around here but some progress nonetheless. Even got the rep to reduce my apr from 23.24 to 18.49 😀 to take advantage of some purchases down the road. 

So all told a pretty sweet day with disco. Thanks for looking😉

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Disco double dipper + apr reduction ;-)

Congrats on the CLI and APR decrease

Message 2 of 25
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Thanks simplynoir!

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Way to go on getting that CLI and reduced APR!

Message 4 of 25
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations! on BOTH the SP (Double-Dipper) CLI and APR decrease bruisedcredit.

And if you ask me you're just about where they like you to be right before they spring that surprise big CLI.

The same happened here where it was either zilch or 500 spots. Seems i waited an extra couple of months expecting the same when Presto! they did a real nice bump up out of the blue.

Best of luck going forward with Discover. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 25
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Thanks hasselfree! Appreciate it!

Message 6 of 25
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Thanks so much CM7! Now that is encouraging info no question as this has been one of my more “ stingiest” lenders to deal with. I do feel that if I would have stuck with Disco and just with a tiny few other lenders they wouldn’t have got so jealous of me lol! Just as soon as I acquired a thicker profile they kind of left me out there you know. They want to be your “one and only love” lol or thereabouts. But certainly something to look forward to possibly down the road😁

Message 7 of 25
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@credit_endurance wrote:

Thanks so much CM7! Now that is encouraging info no question as this has been one of my more “ stingiest” lenders to deal with. I do feel that if I would have stuck with Disco and just with a tiny few other lenders they wouldn’t have got so jealous of me lol! Just as soon as I acquired a thicker profile they kind of left me out there you know. They want to be your “one and only love” lol or thereabouts. But certainly something to look forward to possibly down the road😁

The way i see it, or at least the way it's been on this end is that Discover is usage happy be that BT and/or regular routine.

Seems finding that sweet spot with them is elusive but they see you stick with them, they stick with you and eventually spring a nice lift all at once on occasion.

We just never know when Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 25
Heatt99
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations. I envy any increase from Disco. They are hit or miss like "Duck Hunt". Oh I hate when that dog laughs at me.
Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Heatt99 wrote:
Congratulations. I envy any increase from Disco. They are hit or miss like "Duck Hunt". Oh I hate when that dog laughs at me.

Hahaha! As soon as I saw “Duck Hunt” the music played in my head. I used to shoot at the dog when I was a kid, made me so mad! I threw the gun at the TV once or twice, good thing we didn’t have LCDs back then! 🤣 

Congrats @credit_endurance!

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.