Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 13 of 24
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Disco likes me again

Congratulations on your DISCOVER CARD CLI!

Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice! I burned disco in 2014 in my chapter 7 for about 1K, had a lot of others that were much higher. They will not pre qualify me and always cite the reason as exisiting/prior account status 

Message 15 of 24
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your Discover limit increase! 🍾 

Message 16 of 24
AzCreditGuy
Established Contributor

@gatorlover wrote:

Congrats on your CLI! When you say burn, did you settle with them or include them as part of a BK? How long did it take to get back in with them?

Curious as I am about to burn them in a settlement soon (hopefully), so wondering how long before they might love me again.

Cheers Smiley Happy

@gatorlover Just saw this, mine was an old skool burn in 2008....I just let everything go as everybody else. I never went through a BK, I just laid low for 7 years and waited for the baddies to drop off. I applied for Cap 1 in 2015 and did WRONG approach towards credit re-building and waited till 2019 to do a full credit spree of 7 cards and 1 loan. These companies will remember you, AMEX wont even let me pre-qual with them even after all these years, dont care at this point. I have all the cards and credit that I need since all 3 credit scores are above 810

Message 17 of 24
gatorlover
Contributor

@AzCreditGuy wrote:

@gatorlover wrote:

Congrats on your CLI! When you say burn, did you settle with them or include them as part of a BK? How long did it take to get back in with them?

Curious as I am about to burn them in a settlement soon (hopefully), so wondering how long before they might love me again.

Cheers Smiley Happy

@gatorlover Just saw this, mine was an old skool burn in 2008....I just let everything go as everybody else. I never went through a BK, I just laid low for 7 years and waited for the baddies to drop off. I applied for Cap 1 in 2015 and did WRONG approach towards credit re-building and waited till 2019 to do a full credit spree of 7 cards and 1 loan. These companies will remember you, AMEX wont even let me pre-qual with them even after all these years, dont care at this point. I have all the cards and credit that I need since all 3 credit scores are above 810

Got it, I did the same but in 2017. I'm currently working on settling with everyone but yah, not paying anyone back in full.

congrats on your rebuild at 810 score!

Current

Starting (May 2020)

Reaching for 750+
Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 19 of 24
SPChaser
Established Contributor

Congrats on on your Discover CLI!!! 🥳

“Play the game, but don't believe in it“
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.