Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disco likes me again

tag
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: Disco likes me again

You're so lucky! I tried them again and zip. Even with it being suggested to me in Experian FICO tracking. I'll give it some more time since I had also burned them before BK long ago. Congrats anyhow! 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 21 of 24
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

even after rebuilding the relationship with them after BK and a decent approval during the summer of 2019, they refuse to give me a CLI. 

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 22 of 24
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Discover does remember, but I have to bring up this thread when i hear stuff like this... You can be bucketed ...

Discover, just like Cap One, uses Asset Based Securities...

For the most part, they arent as hard locked as Cap One IMHO but you can get "stuck"

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Credit-Card-Asset-Backed-Securities-ABS-and-w...

Some folks have been just able to get a second card.. now that thats an option with Discover.... if your scores support it... esp if youve had the card for a few years...

(id definitely try the prequal if youd like to try it) 

One caveat, esp currently,  They might ask you for a 4506T if you do app.. but many have had the option of three previous bank statements due to the current pandemic.. they used to not accept anything but a 4506... 

Also think they might have moved the goalpost a bit on borderline approvals... 

-J

Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AzCreditGuy wrote:

Well after burning Disco and starting over with them and a $2,750 line back in June 2019, I finally got a CLI of $1,500. To put me at $7,500 CL. I  also paid down a $980 trip that I took and didnt want the balance showing. Hoping to break the $10k mark within the next few months with Disco. Seems that the credit spree I took a year and half ago, B of A and US Bank are given out $6k CLI vs Disco, Wells are only given out $1,500 and Cap1 is being greedy for the SP CLI....

🥳🥳🥳Congratulations on your CLI with Disco!  🕺🏽 

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.