Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover 1 Year Anniversary CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover 1 Year Anniversary CLI

I think the Discover IT card has been the best card that I've had for the first year.  I started at $1,400 SL a year ago.  A year later, after my 12th statement cut, I requested a CLI and went from $9,900 to $14,900! So in summary of the first year, I've gone from $1,400 to $14,900 and received my double cashback bonus on the first year of almost $700.  Get this card especially if you are rebuilding if you can!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover 1 Year Anniversary CLI

I just applied and approved for 4500...bk7 discharged 9/2015

Very excited to see comments like yours about this card
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's nice credit limit increases for one year. How many increases did you have in the year? How many were auto CLI and how many were manual requests? So hoping my card grow as well as yours. 

Message 3 of 8
GetMeSlick
Established Contributor

way to go OP. grats.
1/6/2023 FICO TU-840|EX - 838|EQ -840
Total Credit - $470K+
Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 840
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Gardening since Sep/2021
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The first CLI approval was after the third statement cut. I tried every month after the first one. I didn't always get one, and the first couple were for $500. Then they started jumping to 1-2k. The last for 5k was a nice one for me though. I'm close to 45k across the board and would like to hit 50k+ eventually. I have only done SP for my CLI's too.
Message 5 of 8
surferchris
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
The first CLI approval was after the third statement cut. I tried every month after the first one. I didn't always get one, and the first couple were for $500. Then they started jumping to 1-2k. The last for 5k was a nice one for me though. I'm close to 45k across the board and would like to hit 50k+ eventually. I have only done SP for my CLI's too.

Thanks for the info! Useful data points for those of us who are new to Discover. 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! Very nice increase and you've got a great CL! Like you said, if you can get in with Discover with some rebuilding to do, this card is tops! Enjoy your card even more! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.