cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover $6500 Increase!

Established Contributor

Re: Discover $6500 Increase!

WOW!!  Great increase...congrats!!

Amex PRG =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 10k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 7k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 25k = BOA BBR 8k = CSR 20k = Freedom 10k = Marriott 5k =Ritz 5k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 12k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU 24k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 11k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 9k, 10k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 21 of 33
Community Leader
Super Contributor

JustBPatient wrote:

WOW!!  Great increase...congrats!!

Thank you, JustBPatient!

Daily Drivers: Penfed Platinum Rewards; NFCU GoRewards; Discover.. Fico 8: EX: 758; TU: 746; EQ: 762
Message 22 of 33
Valued Contributor

Congrats ML. Outstanding
Gardening since 11/29/17
Over $400K in credit
TU:731 EQ:705 EX:721

Message 23 of 33
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thats awesome ML! i am glad they gave you some real lovinSmiley Happy Gonna do the ron artest yet? Can see it now " Disco Lover" .... everyone will be like what ever happened to MusicLover was such a great presence here on the forum haha lolSmiley Wink . Enjoy your newfound gift from Discover, who says Christmas only comes in December? Smiley Wink Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 33
Community Leader
Super Contributor

dasingleton wrote:
Congrats ML. Outstanding

Thanks, dasingleton! Pretty exciting for me, for sure. Smiley Happy

Daily Drivers: Penfed Platinum Rewards; NFCU GoRewards; Discover.. Fico 8: EX: 758; TU: 746; EQ: 762
Message 25 of 33
Senior Contributor

Congrats friend this is awesome, great data points thanks
Message 26 of 33
Community Leader
Super Contributor

AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Thats awesome ML! i am glad they gave you some real lovinSmiley Happy Gonna do the ron artest yet? Can see it now " Disco Lover" .... everyone will be like what ever happened to MusicLover was such a great presence here on the forum haha lolSmiley Wink . Enjoy your newfound gift from Discover, who says Christmas only comes in December? Smiley Wink Smiley Happy

Okay, you made me laugh out loud, too! lol I have looked at my new CL about a dozen times today. haha They will probably freeze the account I have looked so much.

Message 27 of 33
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Aduke1122 wrote:
Congrats friend this is awesome, great data points thanks

Thank you, Aduke! I hope the data points help someone! Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 33

Musiclover, that's one heck of a CLI... huge congrats!  screamer.gif

It does seem to be either feast or famine with Discover, though... I fully expect to be back in the $500 club after my last CLI!

Again, congrats and enjoy! 

Leonardo-DiCaprio-Toast-Fireworks-Gif.gif

P.S.  Sorry I'm late to the party... we'll blame it on the "great slowdown of 2016",,, LOL!  Smiley LOL

The Garden Club has moved to the Personal Finance board!

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Personal-Finance/Garden-Club-September-2018/td-p/5344990

Message 29 of 33

Musiclover wrote:

humuhumunukunukuapuaa wrote:

ML, would you share usage, payments, etc with us? I know Discover is difficult to predict, but anything helps. Thanks! Smiley Happy

Thanks for the reminder, humu. I sure will.

Discover is one of my daily drivers. It just hit a year old so there will be interest on the account from now on if there is a balance. My interest rate is 12.99. My account started at 10k and I was able to get it to 16k by small increases and one increase of 2500. I carried a balance of about 3k and charged at least 1k per month and make 1k payments monthly so the balance remained.

This month I paid my 3k bill and left no balance. This is the first large CLI I have received. This month my TU score increased from low 700's to where it is now at 758. (Just an fyi-I did that with an installment loan with SoFi.)

Just another data point. I had a Discover card years ago with a CL of 5k and closed it before my financial troubles in 2008.Hope this helps someone.

These are great data points... FWIW I did the same thing just before I got my first 'big' (for me) CLI with them. 

I was carrying a 0% BT and using it for the categories (also 0%) but before the promo ran out I paid the whole thing off... that payment was similar to yours (just over $3k).  It was just after this when I 'graduated' from the $500 club. 

It would seem that unlike Capital One, Discover appears to 'count' paying off a large BT as activity that warrants a CLI.  Smiley Wink

The Garden Club has moved to the Personal Finance board!

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Personal-Finance/Garden-Club-September-2018/td-p/5344990

Message 30 of 33