Congrats on your Disco merger & CLI

Starting Score: 541
Nov 15 2020 score: EQ FICO8 635, TU8 636, EX8 644
Dec 15 2020 score: EQ FICO8 633, TU8 658, EX8 661
Jan 15 2021 Score EQ FICO8 698, TU8 689, EX8 706
Feb15 2021 Score EQ FICO8 704, TU8 702 , EX8 712 Goal Score: All Scores 760+,

In the garden since 1/28/21
Recently App. 1/3/21 & 1/23/21
What will you attempt to do if you knew could not Fail?
Message 11 of 19
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Discover Account Merge (HUCA <3)

Congratulations!

Message 12 of 19
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@recoveringfrombk7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

How did you get your second card? Did you check to see if you were pre approved for a card while having the secured card

or did you just apply dark? I also have a Discover secured card and am curious to your process.

@Anonymous I did a prequal and got a fixed APR, so I took it as solid and applied.  I had used the secured card as my only card for the first year and put a lot of spend/mid cycle payments through it.

@recoveringfrombk7, who says "can't buy me Heart" Smiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 19
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

I always thought about merging both my Disco cards,

but need (2) pay pal quarters as I can easily max both cardsSmiley Tongue

Message 14 of 19
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Good story, grats on it all Smiley Happy
Message 15 of 19
Heatt99
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations 👏  Can't wait to roll the dice when my time arrive to merge accounts.

Message 16 of 19
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Congratulations, This is why discover is is a great co you can talk to customer service and if there is way to increase your credit limits or do some thing to help they will. Like some other banks it is black box and there is no who can help or talk to. Another nice story from Discover.

Message 17 of 19
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@recoveringfrombk7 wrote:

I started with Account 1 as a secured account.  Deposited $2500, took 14 months to graduate.  Applied for Account 2 while still secured for Account 1 and got a whopping 14,500 SL.  Account 1 finally graduated, no CLI on graduation.  Put a small recurring charge on it and otherwise SD'd it because I had a new year of cash back match.  Ultimately the goal was to merge the two accounts.

In the middle of the pandemic I randomly got all sorts of offers on Account 1, including an automatic CLI of 700 to $3200 and a 9 month promo of 0.9% on purchases.  I didn't attempt to merge from that CLI because I was still in my first year of Account 2 and didn't want to create any headaches with cash back match.

Yesterday I got ANOTHER automatic CLI on Account 1 to $3900.  I called today to see if I could merge the accounts instead of accepting the CLI.  The CR told me I would need CLIs on both cards, which sounded wrong to me based on what I've read here.  I let her try for the CLI on Account 2, but with a limit of $14,500 I didn't figure it would go through and it did not.  So then I HUCA'd and got a lovely new dude in Utah who told me the automatic CLI would not work, it had to be a manual request.  So he attempted a manual request on Account 1 and it was approved - which brought Account 1 to $4,000.

And, with that I now have a successful merge of accounts and a total credit line of $18,700 - not shabby for ~2.5 years post CH7 file.

Thanks to all of the folks here who have shared DPs and info because without you I'd have given up after the first CR!

@recoveringfrombk7  Congrats!

Not shabby at all "And, with that I now have a successful merge of accounts and a total credit line of $18,700 - not shabby for ~2.5 years post CH7 file."

Inspiration for those recovering from Bankruptcy.

Message 18 of 19
mgood
Valued Contributor

GlumInformalBufflehead-max-1mb.gif

Starting Score: EQ8 680, TU8 713, EX8 701
Current Score: EQ8 778, TU8 766, EX8 770 as of April 24
Goal Score: EQ8 780, TU8 780, EX8 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
AZE4 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 3/6, 4/12, 7/24
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.