gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discover Approval with Baddies!

Great story, congrats to both of you Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 21
Boragard
Established Contributor

Congrats!  Similar story to me.  I was shocked at my approval with a 638 EQ & a CO still reporting from 2005. They approved me for 2400 which is by far my highest limit

Message 12 of 21
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 13 of 21
kroberts67
Established Contributor

Congrats!  That was fun to read.  Smiley Wink

What was your DW's UT, may i ask?

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 14 of 21
parkman
Regular Contributor

@kroberts67 wrote:

Hmm...now that I'm asking her, she's actually at 19%! Now things really aren't adding up as far as our limits. The only other thing I can think of is that her available credit is higher than mine, and that affected how much credit Discover wanted to extend to her. 

All I have for this forum is bubblegum and anecdotal evidence, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
Message 15 of 21
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Congrats...wow what a starting limit Smiley LOL

Message 16 of 21
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@parkman wrote:

@kroberts67 wrote:

Hmm...now that I'm asking her, she's actually at 19%! Now things really aren't adding up as far as our limits. The only other thing I can think of is that her available credit is higher than mine, and that affected how much credit Discover wanted to extend to her. 

+1 Discover is a very conservative lender. They will give you an certain amount of credit based on your available credit and income. Your wife may in fact have lower income or more credit available due to her income

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 17 of 21
alvon123
Super Contributor

Wow!!! congrats!!!Smiley LOL

Message 18 of 21
parkman
Regular Contributor

@efranklin23 wrote:

@parkman wrote:

@kroberts67 wrote:

+1 Discover is a very conservative lender. They will give you an certain amount of credit based on your available credit and income. Your wife may in fact have lower income or more credit available due to her income

She has the same income, but indeed, she has more credit available through other lenders, which must be why she got a lower limit from Discover. 

All I have for this forum is bubblegum and anecdotal evidence, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
Message 19 of 21
MaRain
Regular Contributor

Congrats!!! I know that itchy feeling and love the approved rush!!!

Back in the garden until 10/2015.

Starting Score: EQ 714, EX 658, TU 691 (pulled by mortgage lender on 10/7/14)
Current Score: EQ 656, EX 660, TU 660 (FAKOS pulled on 3/26/15)
Goal Score: EQ 760, EX 700, TU 760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.