Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Approval

Hello everyone,

It’s me again. I posted yesterday in regards to the capital one denial.....

Well today I decided to apply for a discover card and if they didn’t approve me perhaps they could offer me a secured card or something. I submitted the application for the discover IT cash and was brought to a page that asked for verification. I submitted a copy of my internet bill and that was sufficient Smiley Happy

Credit approval
Discover IT Cash
Credit limo $500

This is my first credit card ever, does it take a lot to get a credit limit increase how should I use this card?

What are the recommendations?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Approval

Congrats on your Disco approval! 

Message 2 of 18
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello everyone,

It’s me again. I posted yesterday in regards to the capital one denial.....

Well today I decided to apply for a discover card and if they didn’t approve me perhaps they could offer me a secured card or something. I submitted the application for the discover IT cash and was brought to a page that asked for verification. I submitted a copy of my internet bill and that was sufficient Smiley Happy

Credit approval
Discover IT Cash
Credit limo $500

This is my first credit card ever, does it take a lot to get a credit limit increase how should I use this card?

What are the recommendations?

Discover is pretty easy to get CLIs from with use of the card. You want to use it as much as possible and be sure to pay it off every month, after your first month you can make multi payoffs in a month to purchase more than the 500CL. I would ask for the first increase in the 4th month. Grats on the new card and welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!! Discover is great. Just use the card, pay it off, and ask for a CLI after 90 days. You can ask every 30 days, but I'd wait at least 90 for your first one.
Message 4 of 18
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats on the approval!! Discover is great. Just use the card, pay it off, and ask for a CLI after 90 days. You can ask every 30 days, but I'd wait at least 90 for your first one.

Agreed.  Use it abuse it and pay it Smiley Happy.  Congrats on the approval!

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much !!

Will do 👍🙏

Thank you everyone for the nice comments and recommendations
Message 6 of 18
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

Congrats!

Message 7 of 18
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats on your first card. How exciting! 

Message 8 of 18
Shaw83
Regular Contributor

Congrats! Use it wisely and discover will take good care of you.

current scores

Gardening since 2/12/21
Cap1 Qs $500
Citi secured-$300
Gettington-$800
Nfcu cash rewards $7000
NFCU nreward sec-$300
ch7 discharge 2013
Message 9 of 18
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS @Newimmi1020 on your Disco approval, and Welcome to the FORUMS and the Disco family!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.