Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Approval

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Discover Approval

Well was bored today and as we all know my new amount of accounts has been up there so decided to throw one more application out there..  Every CRA was froozen except TU.. Applied and then got please call us to finish.. Blew it off and walked dog then came back and sure enough a 800 # is ringing my phone.  Answered and Discover and they stated that I applied and they couldn't access my EQ and I am like nope, not going to happen to many HP's on the CRA.. He then asked if I had anything else available and I said I sure do I have TU.. He said let me check if we can pull it and then came back and said we were able to pull TU, but we need to transfer you to a senior credit analyst.. Anyways got transferred asked me where I live and if I have an auto lease and with who and put me on hold about 1 min and approved me. 

This completes my mission I am with every major lender now!  This makes me happy.  What doesn't make me happy is the limit of 1k, which I find funny, but I know you can't recon with Discover..  Find that very low for my income and DTI and other things, but figure it is all my new accounts and available credit.  I am sure it will grow in time and will abuse the hell out of the double cash and the food category this quarter and hopefully get this CL up after 3 months.  Also will be maxing out Amazon at 10% for next two quarters as well

discover.JPG

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Discover Approval

YAY!! Finally CC! So happy for you that you finally got it!! Your CL will be up in no time at all! Enjoy!! Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 38
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Congrats, CC.

I picked this card up last month and am LOVING it! Especially the Discover Deals.

10% off at PUMA and 5% off at AVEDA...two of my faves! Double that at end of year and that's 20% and 10% back. Cash back bonus.

BAM!

Message 3 of 38
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Glad to see you finally get one of the cards you wanted for awhile. Don't worry too much about the limit. It's not like Chase where it's really rare to see SP CLIs. Discover is generally fairly easy to grow.

Message 4 of 38
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@lhcole77 wrote:

Congrats, CC.

I picked this card up last month and am LOVING it! Especially the Discover Deals.

10% off at PUMA and 5% off at AVEDA...two of my faves! Double that at end of year and that's 20% and 10% back. Cash back bonus.

BAM!

Thanks.. Ya not thrilled about CL at all, but I know it will grow just like my BofA..  Also alot of new credit in the last few months so a risk I was willing to take.  I know it will grow though so I am ok with it as I have other 20k+ CL's that I can use for big purchases that I need to do.  I will abuse it for sure for the double cashback on 5% cats!

Message 5 of 38
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@kdm31091 wrote:

Glad to see you finally get one of the cards you wanted for awhile. Don't worry too much about the limit. It's not like Chase where it's really rare to see SP CLIs. Discover is generally fairly easy to grow.

Thanks KDM.. Yes I wanted it for awhile and under my terms (TU) Smiley Happy..  Appreciate the congrats.  Honestly Can see 3 quarters out of the year doing 1500 to cap out the 5% cats being food, Amazon and well Amazon

Message 6 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Discover!! Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Big congratulations!

Message 8 of 38
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats on your Discover!! Smiley Happy

Thanks Nevertolate

Message 9 of 38
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Musiclover!

Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.