cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Approval

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure

Discover Approval

Hello everyone,

It’s me again. I posted yesterday in regards to the capital one denial.....

Well today I decided to apply for a discover card and if they didn’t approve me perhaps they could offer me a secured card or something. I submitted the application for the discover IT cash and was brought to a page that asked for verification. I submitted a copy of my internet bill and that was sufficient Smiley Happy

Credit approval
Discover IT Cash
Credit limo $500

This is my first credit card ever, does it take a lot to get a credit limit increase how should I use this card?

What are the recommendations?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover Approval

Congrats on your Disco approval! 

Message 2 of 18

@Newimmi1020 wrote:
Hello everyone,

It’s me again. I posted yesterday in regards to the capital one denial.....

Well today I decided to apply for a discover card and if they didn’t approve me perhaps they could offer me a secured card or something. I submitted the application for the discover IT cash and was brought to a page that asked for verification. I submitted a copy of my internet bill and that was sufficient Smiley Happy

Credit approval
Discover IT Cash
Credit limo $500

This is my first credit card ever, does it take a lot to get a credit limit increase how should I use this card?

What are the recommendations?

Discover is pretty easy to get CLIs from with use of the card. You want to use it as much as possible and be sure to pay it off every month, after your first month you can make multi payoffs in a month to purchase more than the 500CL. I would ask for the first increase in the 4th month. Grats on the new card and welcome to the board Smiley Happy

"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne

Message 3 of 18
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approval!! Discover is great. Just use the card, pay it off, and ask for a CLI after 90 days. You can ask every 30 days, but I'd wait at least 90 for your first one.
Message 4 of 18
Valued Contributor

@AnimalHouse121 wrote:
Congrats on the approval!! Discover is great. Just use the card, pay it off, and ask for a CLI after 90 days. You can ask every 30 days, but I'd wait at least 90 for your first one.

Agreed.  Use it abuse it and pay it Smiley Happy.  Congrats on the approval!

Message 5 of 18

Thank you very much !!

Will do 👍🙏

Thank you everyone for the nice comments and recommendations
Message 6 of 18
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!

Message 7 of 18
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on your first card. How exciting! 

EX 759 EQ 774 TU 753

Message 8 of 18
Contributor

Congrats! Use it wisely and discover will take good care of you.
current scores

Gardening since 6/03/19
Cap1 Qs $400
Cap1 plat-$300 on steps
Citi secured-$300
Gettington-$500 about to be replaced by Amazon builder.
Message 9 of 18
Valued Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS @Newimmi1020 on your Disco approval, and Welcome to the FORUMS and the Disco family!!!

AMEX BCE $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $12.2K | Citi AAdvantage WEMC $12.5K | Discover $15.5K | OpenSky $300 BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $4K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K) | BBVA Compass Rewards VS $10.5K |
Apple Card MC $6K | NFCU cashRewards $1K
TCL - 114K+ | Rebuilding since April 2018
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.