Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Approved, Mind Blown

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Approved, Mind Blown

I remember when I first applied for the card years ago before I had credit established.  The rep was very positive and helpful and was probably the nicest denial experience I've ever had.  They basically said I had nothing to worry about and in a few years I would have no problem in getting approved. (I will also never forget how kind they were to folks adding the double cash back promo to old accounts on top of 0% on purchases for a year!).

I was really leaning towards the IT miles card since it's basically a 3% card the first year (and has $30 of boingo in flight wifi each year).  I already can get a similar rate of return on Amtrak and SPG.  And as it stands AFAIK there is nothing set in stone on being able to product change an IT Miles aside from waiting 1 year and reapplying.  Then I remembered this is basically a 4.99% APR card if it needs to be (not sure if the it miles does that too?).

Not to complain but I do wish it would have listed my post promo APR since I'm such a quirky APR fan. I don't ever pay interest but it's nice to have low rates and to me seems to be a reflection/extension of a persons credit profile.  Really it won't matter if its high since Discover is pretty consistent with reductions.

This has been on the back burner for some time.  Since we already have a disco in the house, it was never a priority.  But since the $50 referral will be doubled (tripled if you think about it), paired with home improvement, amazon,sams, etc being doubled, I couldn't resist.  I was honestly not expecting this for a starting limit.  I figured it would be maybe 5-10k.  This approval would not have happened without the help of you guys!  Thank you myfico!

PS  Normally I wouldn't rush a card like this but since it is so close to the end of the quarter...Well, a simple google search, all new cards are sent by priority mail!  So there should be plenty of time to take advantage of this quarters category! Sweet!

disco approval.JPG

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover Approved, Mind Blown

$15K is a great out of the gate limit from what has been posted here.  

I think there was a kid within the last week or so that posted a $22-26K approval though and I think it was his 3rd ever card.  

As you know having one of these already in the housthold you can rest assured it will grow with time and use.  As for the APR it's hard to tell what they'll open with but, they're pretty flexible on reducing it over chat once the 0% period ends.

Congrats!

p.s.  I didn't get mine priority mail but, it didn't take all that long to get.  You'll have it before Oct for sure though.

Message 2 of 25
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!  Greaet limit for Discover to start you with!  One of the higher startling  limits I have seen them pass out.

Message 3 of 25
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

WOW!! Nice SL there!! Thats amazing! Congrats on getting the card with a crazy limitSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which Credit bureau does DIscover pull from? and what scores are good.

My EQ is 697, EX 686, TU somewhere in low 700's.

Message 5 of 25
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Which Credit bureau does DIscover pull from? and what scores are good.

My EQ is 697, EX 686, TU somewhere in low 700's.

Typically they pull EX but, some have reported others as well.  

Message 6 of 25
ddemari
Super Contributor

Wow! Very nice congrats to you! I'd love a disco with that lomi!
Message 7 of 25
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

DDemari - you have to apply to play Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 9 of 25
padme
Established Contributor

congrats on new card and limits, tempting.

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.