Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Auto CLI

tag
LTomBerry
Frequent Contributor

Discover Auto CLI

I generally call Discover to get a CLI on my More card every 6 months, and they have been able to do it with soft pulls only. I called them a few days ago but they shot me down and said they'd have to do a hard pull this time. I said it's not worth it and declined. So I log on today and saw my CL went from $5500 to $6500. I guess they must have changed their mind.

It's not a huge increase but considering how stingy Discover can be with their CLs I'll take it. It's taken me a couple years to claw my way up from $2k.

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
cutemarty1
Regular Contributor

Re: Discover Auto CLI

so I can just ask them to do a SP instead?

My TL : Discover 45k / Venture 39k / BCE AMEX 33k / BoA123 Sig 24k / WF propel 17k/ Home Depot 16.5 K / Barclays Arrival WEMC 15k / Citi World WEMC 16.5k / CU Visa 11k/ Nordstrom Visa 20K / penfed rewards visa 20k / Citi AA 16.5k / spark business 15k/ Chase ink business 15k/ delta Amex platinum 14k/ boa rewards 7k /Macy Store 5.3K / Best buy 2.4K / BBRZ Gold 1.4K / PNC 20k / AppleCard 40k/ citi premier 12.7k / chase Amazon 7k
Message 2 of 6
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats, glad you still got it!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 3 of 6
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 4 of 6
haoniukun
Established Member

@cutemarty1 wrote:

so I can just ask them to do a SP instead?

Yes. But they do not always provide SP.

Message 5 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@LTomBerry wrote:

I generally call Discover to get a CLI on my More card every 6 months, and they have been able to do it with soft pulls only. I called them a few days ago but they shot me down and said they'd have to do a hard pull this time. I said it's not worth it and declined. So I log on today and saw my CL went from $5500 to $6500. I guess they must have changed their mind.

It's not a huge increase but considering how stingy Discover can be with their CLs I'll take it. It's taken me a couple years to claw my way up from $2k.

They want a HP from me as wll, i'm not doing it. Discover has really irked me since the 6th month mark i've had them, all of my other cards have had no issues increasing but they refuse to budge.

I guess it will collect dust then.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.