I have 2 Discover it Cards - One student version opened 4.5 years ago and a new one opened in February 2018.
I have tried FOREVER to get a CLI on my Discover Student Card and finally, after probably 20 requests over 6 months, got a 1000 increase.
It took the card from 500 --> 1500.
I did sock drawer this card for about 2 months and then made a small charge it the other day. I wonder if that made some Disco magic.
Disco is a fickle one, I was just denied last week for a CLI and thought I would try again.
They have taught me the meaning of persistence haha.
DP at approval: TU 703, 2 inquiries, 35% utilization
**Edited to add that this is my first CLI on the card, as the name title hints
Your persistence paid off, way to go!
I think that student card is stuck at being a low limit student card, so you likely don't have much more room to go with it. Unfortunatey it is also helping with age of credit, so you can't really close it. lol
So i think sock drawering it, and putting more use on the new one should be your goal. Along with getting you UTI down below 30%, that should help with CLI's