Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI AND CLD! (update)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover CLI AND CLD! (update)

Update :  Apparently Discover giveth and taketh away on the same day! Looked at account this morning and the $300 increase stuck, the additional $700 I got for calling in is gone. Limit showed $3400 yesterday, but $2700 today. Also have a letter in snail mail today from Disco. Surely they couldn't get a letter about stuff that happened yesterday to me this morning....nobody works that quickly. Oh well it's still a net increase so I'll try not to be too bummed about it.

Was over reading the Disco unofficial data points thread and thought I might as well try again since it is a soft pull and last month, or maybe it was August they totally denied my request.

Via online luv button (actually I don't see a real button, there's just an option to request more in the pull down menu) I asked,  got a page to update my info, increased what I list as assets since over the last few months I've saved a few more $$ and pressed submit and waited.  A few seconds later,  $300 CLI (my word that's tiny, but at least it wasn't a decline or $100--I've seen some folks lately say they got offered $100).  Kept reading through the thread as I prepared to post my results in it and saw that one should CALL IN to double dip. I thought you just do that online after an AUTO CLI, and sure enough called in, the rep offered $700 more for a total $1000 CLI and I took it. YAY!   This makes Disco my highest limit card ($3400) which is fine for me as I don't want or need too high limits, might fall back into temptations that wrecked things years ago and have to rebuild a third time. Ain't nobody got time for that! So I'm happily sitting in the garden until 2020 when all the inquiries and a couple of baddies drop off. 

March 2018-- starting limit $1600 with 627 TU

July 2018-- Auto CLI $500 + $300 double dip via luv button

Aug/Sept-- CLI via luv button DENIED (annoyance induced sock drawer for 1 statement)

October 2018 -- CLI $300 via love button + $700 via call in (out of sock drawer just in time for Amazon Christmas shopping 5%)

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover CLI-woo hoo (last request was denied)

Congratulations on your double CLI!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 2 of 13
Nayola
Contributor

Congratulations!  It really does never hurt to ask :-)

Message 3 of 13
MartyWrite75
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your DD CLI!

April 2024: Experian 769; Equifax 779; Transunion 781

Cards I Have:
Cap One QS: $600 (Sock drawer) || Cap One QS (#2): $6,200 (Sock drawer) || Discover It: $11,400 || Cap One Walmart: $600 (Sock drawer) || AMEX BCP: $8,900 || Amazon Prime Store Card: $10,000 || FNBO Rewards Visa: $2,600 || Discover Cash Back: $5,500 || Citi Custom Cash: $9,500 || Verizon VS Visa: $10,000 || Amex Hilton Honors: $10,000 || Amazon (Chase) Prime Rewards (VS): $9,500

Wishlist Cards:
Paypal Mastercard || Bread Mastercard

Gardening to 10/2024(ideally)
Total Utilization: 11%
Inquiries: Exp: (1) Trans: (0) Equif: (0)

Message 4 of 13
zerofire
Valued Contributor

Good greef man. Leave some credit for the rest of us. But really congradulations.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

You want to call Disco to recover the decrease. That happened to me too and it appeared to be a system glitch of some sort! Let us know how it turned out.
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
You want to call Disco to recover the decrease. That happened to me too and it appeared to be a system glitch of some sort! Let us know how it turned out.

Good advice, I just called and they restored the $700. It now shows online as $3400 limit again. Yay! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yay! That’s great news!
Message 8 of 13
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Good advice, I just called and they restored the $700. It now shows online as $3400 limit again. Yay! Smiley Happy

I am so happy for you Smiley Happy

CONGRATUTIONS.gifCONGRATS.gifimages.duckduckgo.com.jpg

Message 9 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Grats snd Sorry, i would call in and ask why
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.