Did you mean: 

Discover CLI Approved: 3rd Statement seems crucial

tag
ThisMightWork41c3
New Contributor

Discover CLI Approved: 3rd Statement seems crucial

This is most facinating.

My Discover card was issued 6/25/2018

All the research says wait for 6 months for an auto CLI. But then I see some people trying at 61 days, kinda like AMEX. So I tried on 8/30. ResultSmiley Very Happyenied. Letter came about a week later with the reason:

"INSUFFICIENT EXPERIENCE WITH CURRENT DISCOVER CARD CREDIT LIMIT"

I love how they have to put the reason in all caps. They  should put hand claps inbetween each word as well. But I wont dwell on typography for now.

Also, FICO from denial letter was 723 from an 8/5/2018 pull.

So I figure im in the garden why not just be patient and wait for an auto in 6 months. Now Im not known for my patience, and seeing another few posts about waiting for a 3rd statement cut, I started to consider another try. Well my 3rd statement posted just a few days ago. I did have concerns about a recent balance transfer over $1k that just posted to DISCOVER. Maybe they'd deny it saying "rising limit."  I know, over thinkin' it again. So I had a credit balance that was a hair over 1/3 of my entire credit limit.

I went for the online increase and I was pleasantly surprised to get the magic slider of love ( I hope thats not vulgar), and they offered $1,500 for an increase. I took it! yay!

I hope there are enough data points here so this post is useful to anyone with similar experience.

Thanks Forum Folks Smiley Happy

PS

Do you think there is still money on the table?  Smiley Wink

In the garden till May 6, 2022 07:38:06 GMT

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
NaaryalHead
Regular Contributor

Re: Discover CLI Approved: 3rd Statement seems crucial

Magic slider of love does wonders - or so I'm told. Smiley Very Happy

Congrats on the nice CLI.

I got shot down for my CapOne CLI request in my 3rd month as well; I'm waiting for 3rd statement to cut as I was told a similar thing by CO (min 3 statements for CLI request to work)

5k+ CLs: Chase Amazon, Cap1 QS1,
10k+ CLs: BofA Cash Rewards, Amex Cash Magnet, Citi DC, Barclays Uber, Citi Premier, Chase Saphire Preff,Cap1 Savor1

Torch bearer of the Bucketeers' Society. Shamefully carrying a bucketed Cap One QS1 with AF & zero chance of a PC.
Message 2 of 15
ThisMightWork41c3
New Contributor

@NaaryalHead wrote:

Magic slider of love does wonders - or so I'm told. Smiley Very Happy

Congrats on the nice CLI.

I got shot down for my CapOne CLI request in my 3rd month as well; I'm waiting for 3rd statement to cut as I was told a similar thing by CO (min 3 statements for CLI request to work)

Thanks, Good luck with Cap1

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your increase!

tenor.gif

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!

Thanks for the DPs .. What was your SL?

Apparently Discover usually leaves some $ on the table and some folks on this forum have double dipped by calling to take the $ off the table (YMMV).

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ThisMightWork41c3 wrote:

... Do you think there is still money on the table?  

I think many members have had success with the DD & it certainly does not hurt to ask. 

And Congrats! TMW on your CLI.

Message 6 of 15
DCnDC
Contributor

Congrats! I'm waiting for my 3rd statement to post also. I was approved for mine on 6/8 and I'm still on my 2nd statement.
FICO 8 (as of 8/23/2019) | EX: 823 | TU: 824 | EQ: 831
Inquiries (Total) | EX: 1 | TU: 1 | EQ: 1
Inquiries (Less than 1 year) | EX: 0 | TU: 0 | EQ: 0

Bank Americard Mastercard $90,000 | PenFed Promise Visa $39,000 | Citi Simplicity Mastercard $26,500 | NFCU More Rewards Amex $25,000 | Macy's $25,000 | Synchrony Home (Mohawk) $25,000 | NFCU Go Rewards Visa $24,300 | Citi Costco Visa $15,300 | NFCU CLOC $15,000 | PenFed Gold Visa $11,000 | Discover It $10,000 | Citi Diamond Preferred Visa $9,500 | Kohl's $3,000

Message 7 of 15
ThisMightWork41c3
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the DPs .. What was your SL?

SL was $7500

Message 8 of 15
ThisMightWork41c3
New Contributor

@DCnDC wrote:
Congrats! I'm waiting for my 3rd statement to post also. I was approved for mine on 6/8 and I'm still on my 2nd statement.

So anyday now. Good luck!

Message 9 of 15
ThisMightWork41c3
New Contributor

thanks everyone

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.