Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI Data Points

tag
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Discover CLI Data Points

I know there are a few threads regarding Discover and there uncanny way of granting cli's but, I just wanted to share my experience.

Apped and was approed for Discover IT in April 2016 with starting CL of $1,200. Immedietely put spending through with several large purchases being made.                        Went close to my max CL as well, never PIF holding a balance through my first 2 statements.

Fast forward to this morning, logged into my account 2nd statement had just cut, an to my suprise a $500 auto cli! Now that really caught me off guard especially seeing that I had a balance of $800 or so on my account. And according to my calender I recieved this auto cli on day 75 in which the account ws approved. Now thinking of pressing my fortunes and hitting the luv button on day 91. Any thoughts ?

Just wanted to add my experience to the forums.

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover CLI Data Points

Thanks for the data point & congrats on the auto increase. If you are putting that spend through it, I see no reason not to try at 91 days.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your early auto increase!  My hubby's card was opened on 4/22/16, and he asked for an increase at 70 days and got one for $500 too.  I'm glad to see that one can get a cli when there is a balance owed with Discover (hubby was pif at the time of his increase, but has since posted a balance on the statement that cut yesterday). I think he'll try for another one at 91 days.  Your post was informative and helpful, and confirmed that pif is not always a necessity when looking for an increase from Discover.  Good luck to you, and please post any new changes that come your way! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 15
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your early auto increase!  My hubby's card was opened on 4/22/16, and he asked for an increase at 70 days and got one for $500 too.  I'm glad to see that one can get a cli when there is a balance owed with Discover (hubby was pif at the time of his increase, but has since posted a balance on the statement that cut yesterday). I think he'll try for another one at 91 days.  Your post was informative and helpful, and confirmed that pif is not always a necessity when looking for an increase from Discover.  Good luck to you, and please post any new changes that come your way! Smiley Happy

Thanks weedeb! Much appreciated. I am really starting to like this Discover card and will make it my got to source along with Citi DC. I am highly anticipating what will happen on my standard 91 cli request and will keep you informed. Smiley Happy

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're welcome! Hubby is downsizing some of his Cap One cards and closing a few others.  Doesn't need all of them.  He's making his two Penfed cards and Discover his main go to cards.  I've got a Discover too, but will use his more often, since Discover has been more generous with him from the start.  Will let you know about any add'l increases that come his way! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 15
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Nice Congrats to you !!!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@credit_endurance wrote:

I know there are a few threads regarding Discover and there uncanny way of granting cli's but, I just wanted to share my experience.

Apped and was approed for Discover IT in April 2016 with starting CL of $1,200. Immedietely put spending through with several large purchases being made.                        Went close to my max CL as well, never PIF holding a balance through my first 2 statements.

Fast forward to this morning, logged into my account 2nd statement had just cut, an to my suprise a $500 auto cli! Now that really caught me off guard especially seeing that I had a balance of $800 or so on my account. And according to my calender I recieved this auto cli on day 75 in which the account ws approved. Now thinking of pressing my fortunes and hitting the luv button on day 91. Any thoughts ?

Congratulations On Your Approval....Thanks For Sharing..Man LOL

Message 7 of 15
joeaseer
Regular Contributor

@credit_endurance wrote:

Auto increases are great, you will most likely be approved for a SP CLI on day 91. You might even get a 1k plus CLI, so be excited its coming. Congrats.

EQ Score: 784 | TU Score: 758 | EX Score: 760 | Goal Score: 800+
INQ = TU: 1 | EQ: 0 | EX: 4
Utilization: 0% usually or at most 1% - 3%.
Amex BCE (Approved: 11/2015): $24k ($6k SL) | Discover IT (Approved: 07/2015): $16k ($1k SL)
Citi DC WEMC (Approved: 07/2016): $14.5k ($4.6k SL) | Chase SR (Approved: 01/2017): $11k
Chase Freedom Unlimited (Approved: 07/2016): $7.5k | Chase Freedom (Approved: 12/2014): $5k ($500 SL)
Citi Simplicity (Aprroved: 07/2018): $4.5k | Total CL: $82.5k
Message 8 of 15
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Message 9 of 15
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@joeaseer wrote:

@credit_endurance wrote:

Auto increases are great, you will most likely be approved for a SP CLI on day 91. You might even get a 1k plus CLI, so be excited its coming. Congrats.

That does sound very encouraging....I am highly anticipating the upcoming days. I will keep everyone informed Thanks!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.