Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI Denial then Approved

tag
Credit_Aficionado
Valued Member

Discover CLI Denial then Approved

I decided to hit the luv button on my Discover It card because it had been just shy of 3 months since I last requested an increase. This was on 9/1 and it was denied due to "insufficient experience with current credit". However, early this morning (9/8) I recieved an email that my credit limit was increased to $6,800 from $4,500 due to "overall excellent credit management". So I'm thinking that I just hit that luv button just a little bit too early. It was kind of weird that it happened like this, nonetheless I am happy with it!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover CLI Denial then Approved

I am new to this journey but may be you can request again for an increase now. Same happened to me this morning. I have been requesting for CLI since June right after my secured card became unsecured. But I got denials everytime. So decided to keep it away for sometime and suddenly got auto CLI from $2000 to $2600. I have immediately requested for a CLI and got $400 approval bringing it up to $3K. Not a big increase but still worth to check if you can get some more luv.
Message 2 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats opSmiley Happy just remember there is no set rule for Discover cli. No 91/3 exists.
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is comforting to hear as I recieved a denial just a day or two ago on my first attempt. Do you think it matters that I haven't hit 90 days with the card despite the third statement cutting on the 6th?

The 24th will be 90 days I believe. I have heard conflicting things about 90 days vs. 3 Statements... 

Message 4 of 13
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

@Credit_Aficionado wrote:

I decided to hit the luv button on my Discover It card because it had been just shy of 3 months since I last requested an increase. This was on 9/1 and it was denied due to "insufficient experience with current credit". However, early this morning (9/8) I recieved an email that my credit limit was increased to $6,800 from $4,500 due to "overall excellent credit management". So I'm thinking that I just hit that luv button just a little bit too early. It was kind of weird that it happened like this, nonetheless I am happy with it!

Congratulations on your CLI!!!  🤑

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 5 of 13
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I am new to this journey but may be you can request again for an increase now. Same happened to me this morning. I have been requesting for CLI since June right after my secured card became unsecured. But I got denials everytime. So decided to keep it away for sometime and suddenly got auto CLI from $2000 to $2600. I have immediately requested for a CLI and got $400 approval bringing it up to $3K. Not a big increase but still worth to check if you can get some more luv.
Congratulations on your CLI!!!  🤑
“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”

Message 6 of 13
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This is comforting to hear as I recieved a denial just a day or two ago on my first attempt. Do you think it matters that I haven't hit 90 days with the card despite the third statement cutting on the 6th?

The 24th will be 90 days I believe. I have heard conflicting things about 90 days vs. 3 Statements... 

From what I understand, the first CLI opportunity is usually after the third statement cuts. Even if that isn't an actual ninety days. It's probably best to wait if you are close to that time frame anyway, but YMMV. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Message 7 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! 

picard-congrats-200w_d.gif

Message 9 of 13
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!!!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.