Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI, Don't get your hopes up ^__^

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover CLI, Don't get your hopes up ^__^

300$ increase from Disco. My second CLI on a 1 year 3 months card. EX: 730 at the moment. I have 3 recent inquiries last month and no lates, no baddies. My first increase was 700$ 60 days ago. I really do not know how you guys build limits so high with this company. I read people mentioning Disco likes thin files and new profiles but for some reason they don't like mine even though it was my second credit card.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discover CLI, Don't get your hopes up ^__^

@Anonymous wrote:

300$ increase from Disco. My second CLI on a 1 year 3 months card. EX: 730 at the moment. I have 3 recent inquiries last month and no lates, no baddies. My first increase was 700$ 60 days ago. I really do not know how you guys build limits so high with this company. I read people mentioning Disco likes thin files and new profiles but for some reason they don't like mine even though it was my second credit card.

When I got mine in 2012 I had derogs and a dismissed BK on file, my CLIs were 1K at a time until I became totally clean in 2015 then at the end of this year my regular Fico 8 moved past 760 thats when I got big bites of over 5K multiple times. Patience is the name of the game with this creditor, they will come with time and use of the card. All I have ever used the card for is the 5% categories and it has sat for 6 months at a time when I could not use the categories.     Grats on your CLI Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 22
VanderSnoot
Established Contributor

Was denied this week. I have had the card more than 10 years, CL = 5k (my lowest except for store CCs), I've never asked for a CLI (though they gave me one several years ago anyway), scores in the 730s, 1 inquiry. Waiting for the letter.
Message 3 of 22
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

CLI Congrats!!

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@VanderSnoot wrote:
Was denied this week. I have had the card more than 10 years, CL = 5k (my lowest except for store CCs), I've never asked for a CLI (though they gave me one several years ago anyway), scores in the 730s, 1 inquiry. Waiting for the letter.

That's totally bananas! I want to analyze their algorithm so badly!

Message 5 of 22
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats all the same! A CLI is a CLI. AJC is a charter member of the Disco No CLI club. He probably put in a good word for you. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 6 of 22
VanderSnoot
Established Contributor

Got my letter: insufficient experience with current CL. I only use it for the categories, which amounts to a lot during the supermarkets quarter and not much at other times. Are phone calls helpful? It probably cant hurt.
Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@VanderSnoot wrote:
Got my letter: insufficient experience with current CL. I only use it for the categories, which amounts to a lot during the supermarkets quarter and not much at other times. Are phone calls helpful? It probably cant hurt.

I tried calling when I wasn't getting any CLI for the first year. They took the same info as the online tool and said it was not approved. I assume they use the same algorithm. She asked if I want to request a hard pull CLI, I said no.

Message 8 of 22
VanderSnoot
Established Contributor

I guess I'll wait until my scores are above 760 to request a CLI. Still happy to have the card.

Message 9 of 22
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@VanderSnoot wrote:
Got my letter: insufficient experience with current CL

I think that Verbage only has to do with time, I believe another Savvy poster (BBS) pointed that out to Me.

I used to interpret it differently or should i say "wrong interpretation"

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.