Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover CLI.....Finally......sort of?

After 6 months Finally ok'd Discover's HP request towards CLI

Feeling 'whateves' after a 4000 SP CLI from NFCU

and with not much to lose but for sure welcoming 12 months of 0%$ Apr

so hit luv button on Sunday....got 2 day message

Result a whopping $400 increase...$400 bucks

(oh well...it wasn't a NO!....but it's hard to justify using Discover w/ no real CL

it'll go to the SD w/ Cap-1 because of their % rate)

No big deal...just funny.

It seems Disco loves some folks and others not so much

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover CLI.....Finally......sort of?

Congrats! Definitely better than a no Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats - but that is discouraging. I tried for a CLI with them yesterday and they wanted a HP, so I canceled the request. I guess $400 is better than nothing, but I wonder why some people get SP CLIs while others are HPs? You'll have to let me know if they still to want a HP from you when you request your next CLI.

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats - but that is discouraging. I tried for a CLI with them yesterday and they wanted a HP, so I canceled the request. I guess $400 is better than nothing, but I wonder why some people get SP CLIs while others are HPs? You'll have to let me know if they still to want a HP from you when you request your next CLI.

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappyThat is so funny, you should see how many 'you cancelled your request' letters I

piled up, because I to kept clicking nope to the HP request, prior to approving the $400 HP...that's what I'll call it from now on 'the $400 HP'...

Mind you I requested a rate reduction prior to that, they said 'no' but how about 12 months at 0%...of course I took the 0% but HOW can you USE the 0% if

the CL is boo boo.......

The 5% cat was Gas til 3/31, so now that's over

Either they auto CLI or SP moving forward but I'm not selling another HP on the cheap for Disco...

if it weren't for that Blackhawks logo I might not have apped at all Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 20
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

@justme3 I believe it depends on how long you have had the account. I do not believe the SP option is available until after 6 months.
Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@babson wrote:
@Anonymous I believe it depends on how long you have had the account. I do not believe the SP option is available until after 6 months.

She said she had it for 6 months and that's when she okay'd it. 

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@babson wrote:
@Anonymous I believe it depends on how long you have had the account. I do not believe the SP option is available until after 6 months.

She said she had it for 6 months and that's when she okay'd it. 

Actually it was the OP who had it 6 months and then ok'd the HP for a CLI. I've had mine for a year now, but mine was a secured card that just graduated last week. I had read that someone else got a CLI right after graduation, that's why I tried it. I guess I can wait 6 more months and see if it changes to a SP.

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappyThat is so funny, you should see how many 'you cancelled your request' letters I

piled up, because I to kept clicking nope to the HP request, prior to approving the $400 HP...that's what I'll call it from now on 'the $400 HP'...

Mind you I requested a rate reduction prior to that, they said 'no' but how about 12 months at 0%...of course I took the 0% but HOW can you USE the 0% if

the CL is boo boo.......

Either they auto CLI or SP moving forward but I'm not selling another HP on the cheap for Disco...

if it weren't for that Blackhawks logo I might not have apped at all Smiley Wink

Do they really send you a letter if you cancel your CLI request?

Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

the CL is boo boo.......

Do they really send you a letter if you cancel your CLI request?

Every time...it seems they are CYA-ing themselves by offerring a AA letter so that I can get a free CR

I have a letter dated Feb 27th, 28th and Mar 2 as I 'struggle with pulling the trigger

Dear 'name'

This letter is to confirm that we have withdrawn your Discover card credit line increase request per your request.

If you have any questions, knowledgeable............

2pg

reads just like a denial, giving your score etc

Now that I think of it this is a way to get a Free TU report at will w/o buring your annual 

Message 9 of 20
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@babson wrote:

It's YMMV.

I got my first SP increase after only three months (almost four), so it just depends on your profile. 

FWIW, it was only $500 (and the CLI after that was also $500) but it was something. 

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.