Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI - Now Over $60K

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover CLI - Now Over $60K

All I can say is wow! That is jaw dropping. Congrats. 

Message 11 of 34
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

I just noticed this in the quoted response showing your last statement balance of $5.  That's hilarious but, really how it goes with Discover!

Message 12 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the $60k limit. This is why I want a Discover card again, once I'm out of the garden in 2017... Their CLIs are even crazier than Navy!
Message 13 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Out of curiosity, did you have to do any verification or phone call when you passed the 50K threshold?

I'm at 43.8K and scared to push the button for fear of crossing the 50K threshold and spooking them.
Message 14 of 34
ddemari
Super Contributor

Very impressive discover limit!! Nice job on getting to that level of Amazing limits!!!
Message 15 of 34
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@EW800 wrote:

It has been about three months or so since I have hit Discover up for a CLI.  I had already been at $53,700, therefore I was fully expecting a rejection as far as going any higher.  I submitted the request anyway.  About two days later, I received an e-mail asking me to call the New Accounts Team within 7 days - something to the effect of wanting to verify information in regard to my CLI request.  Ah oh...  I went ahead and called, as I was straight-up in regard to income and had nothing to hide.  I called and was asked what my income was and what the source of that income is.  I was then put on hold for about two to three minutes, when the rep came back and said that I had been approved for a whopping $60, 200!

@Anonymous wrote:
Out of curiosity, did you have to do any verification or phone call when you passed the 50K threshold?

I'm at 43.8K and scared to push the button for fear of crossing the 50K threshold and spooking them.

Message 16 of 34
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Congrats awesome CL.

Message 17 of 34
EW800
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow that is amazing.  What is your APR?  Thanks for all the details, very useful info!

Thanks, jfriend,  My APR is high - I believe it is 17.24%.  Thankfully, I never carry a balance over, therefore I am not paying that rate.  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 18 of 34
EW800
Valued Contributor

@austinguy907 wrote:

I just noticed this in the quoted response showing your last statement balance of $5.  That's hilarious but, really how it goes with Discover!

That is correct, my statement balance was $5.  I vary the statement balance of this account between $5 and $10, with all other revolvers at $0.  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 19 of 34
EW800
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No, I did not have to do any type of verification or phone call when I went from $47.2 to $53.7.  I did get the standard two or three day review message, however it then came back with an approval.  This was the first time that I have ever had to call in, and even this was not much of a verification, as I pretty much just repeated what was entered into the CLI request form.  

I understand your apprehension about hitting the button again.  I was a bit nervous about it as well, but the worst they can do is say no, assuming that you report accurate income.  Let us know if you go for it!  

Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.