Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI - Now Over $60K

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover CLI - Now Over $60K

Congrats, but I don't really see a point in continuing to push your credit limit with Discover. You've already passed the point where the negatives outweigh the positives. Work on getting that kind of credit line with banks with multiple card offerings so you have more utility. 

Message 21 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the OP wants his Discover limit higher, that's his decision to make.

EW800, thanks for starting this thread and sharing your information.  It's good to know that with roughly a $1000/mo spend allowing 1% to report that you can achieve very high limits with Discover. 

I know you said above that you didn't need to go through any income verification at $50k, but to clarify here have you ever had to go through any income verification at any point throughout the growth of the card?  I find it surprising that Discover is willing to give such high limits if that's the case basically taking your word in terms of income... however you've had the card for a long time and if you are a $1000/mo spend/PIF type person with a strong credit profile evidently that holds more weight that raw income number.  Thanks again for your continued feedback.

Message 22 of 34
redpat
Senior Contributor

@EW800 wrote:

@austinguy907 wrote:

I just noticed this in the quoted response showing your last statement balance of $5.  That's hilarious but, really how it goes with Discover!

That is correct, my statement balance was $5.  I vary the statement balance of this account between $5 and $10, with all other revolvers at $0.  

Congrats.  But just showing $5-$10 will report 0% utilitization with a limit that high. 

May I ask why you are so concerned about reporting such a low limit and only one card if you are not looking for credit?  Even at 2%-5% won't make an impact and may increase your credit score.  It's weird, my score tends to increase when four report and go down when two report so your YMMV, but it's fun to see scores on different levels of utility if you PIF anyway.  Utilization has no memory and other creditors don't see usage on other cards or highest balance for a thicker credit profile.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 23 of 34
Country_Feller
Valued Contributor

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
myFICO=EQ 702, TU 716, EX 743br>EQ=11//TU=15//EX=11/Util 14%. Gardening since 01/02/2017.

Message 24 of 34
newhis
Valued Contributor

@EW800 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow that is amazing.  What is your APR?  Thanks for all the details, very useful info!

Thanks, jfriend,  My APR is high - I believe it is 17.24%.  Thankfully, I never carry a balance over, therefore I am not paying that rate.  

You just need to chat with them every 6 months or so and they will lower your APR. I started over 20% 2 years ago, now I'm down to 13.x%. I always PIF but I don't like having high APRs.

Message 25 of 34
RBD22
Valued Member

That's incredible!  Congrats on the huge limit!

STARTING SCORE: FICO as of 08/03/2015:
CURRENT SCORES: FICO as of 06/13/2023: ,
CK Vantagescores as of 06/13/2023: ,
Message 26 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! How long have you had that card?
Message 27 of 34
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

Way to go, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 28 of 34
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

How long have you had the card? What was it's SL?

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 29 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@redpat wrote:

Congrats.  But just showing $5-$10 will report 0% utilitization with a limit that high. 

Are you sure about this?  I've always been under the impression that any decimal is automatically rounded up to the nearest whole number... so basically any reported balance would yield 1% utilization with the sole exception being balances of $3 or less evidently I've heard Discover erases them down to $0 automatically.

Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.