Did you mean: 

Discover CLI - Now Over $60K

tag
redpat
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover CLI - Now Over $60K

@Anonymous wrote:

@redpat wrote:

Congrats.  But just showing $5-$10 will report 0% utilitization with a limit that high. 

Are you sure about this?  I've always been under the impression that any decimal is automatically rounded up to the nearest whole number... so basically any reported balance would yield 1% utilization with the sole exception being balances of $3 or less evidently I've heard Discover erases them down to $0 automatically.

$5/$172,000 = .00002906 IDK how many decimal points total util goes but that's close to zero, lol!  Even $5/$60,000 = .000083333 

I just don't understand window dressing like that when there is no need too.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 31 of 34
heychrisbaker
New Contributor

That's awesome! Smiley Very Happy

@EW800 wrote:

It has been about three months or so since I have hit Discover up for a CLI.  I had already been at $53,700, therefore I was fully expecting a rejection as far as going any higher.  I submitted the request anyway.  About two days later, I received an e-mail asking me to call the New Accounts Team within 7 days - something to the effect of wanting to verify information in regard to my CLI request.  Ah oh...  I went ahead and called, as I was straight-up in regard to income and had nothing to hide.  I called and was asked what my income was and what the source of that income is.  I was then put on hold for about two to three minutes, when the rep came back and said that I had been approved for a whopping $60, 200!

Not sure if this helps, but as a reference point, I put about $1,000 a month of spend on the card and allow between $5 and $10 a month to report on my statement.  This is my one account that I allow to show a balance, with all others being $0.  THe account has been open since about 2009.  

With my ugliness from a few years ago, I would have never thought they would allow me a CL in this range, however I am sure in reality they would never allow my balance to get anything near that limit.  

Discover 090216.jpg

Message 32 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@redpat wrote:

$5/$172,000 = .00002906 IDK how many decimal points total util goes but that's close to zero, lol!  Even $5/$60,000 = .000083333 

I just don't understand window dressing like that when there is no need too.

I understand that the decimal values are extremely low, I still think it is seen by FICO as 1% utilization though not 0% as it's still utilization and utilization is only seen in whole numbers.  Perhaps one of the veterans on here can verify this.  The converse is true for other some other categories, such as AAoA where the rounding is down.  You can have a AAoA of 7.99 years and it rounds down to 7 as you simply erase any decimal that comes after the whole number (years).

Message 33 of 34
greent
Frequent Contributor

Amazing CL! Congrats. 

Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.