Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI - Surprising

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover CLI - Surprising

I have a 7-month credit history and got my Discover card 5 months back with 1K CL.

Last month i hit the LUV button and got that increased instantly to 3K. I again tried now and called them for a review.

My first CSR was reviewing and the call got dropped. I immediately called back and my 2nd CSR told me that they approved me for an increase to 4.5K. I asked for a reconsideration and CSR told me that he can increase it to 6K. 

Wow! that's a good generous LUV which discover provided.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover CLI

You're doing great being so new to credit!  Congrats on your very nice CL you now have with Discover, and all of your other successes!  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover CLI

Amazing.. Enjoy your CLI.

Message 3 of 7
RaiseMyScoreASAP
Regular Contributor

Re: Discover CLI - Surprising

You are having better luck with them than I am. They have told me to go and . . .  well you get the picture. Then on another card the increases have come without asking and have me up to 13.5K. It's weird.

Message 4 of 7
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Some of us they hard-code their computer instructions formula to not let a penny go by until past 91 days.

And then that's normally a 500 spot each time.

Then there are those very lucky types who only use the card on occasion and get mother loaded with $6K+ pops at a time, and more often.

Message 5 of 7
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Recently I've found phone calls to be more productive than online alone.  Congrats on the CLI x 2 through your persistence with Discover and not giving up on getting what you want with them.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's some good persistence there that paid off for you! Good job!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.