Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI after 2 day message

tag
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Discover CLI after 2 day message

So I was bored and decided to hit the cli link on my Discover miles card just after I made a payment to bring the balance to 0. After entering the info I got the "2 day" message like I did a few months ago. Figured it was a denial like last time and didn't think any more about it.

I then get an email from Discover with the subject "regarding your recent credit line request".
Upon opening the email it says congratulations your new credit line is $15,700. My CL was $10,500 so that was a $5,200 CLI!
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover CLI after 2 day message

Awesome CLI!

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 2 of 15
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 3 of 15
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Finally, a success post after the 2-day message! We use to see those quite a bit, (years ago), and then we didn't. So glad it worked out for you! CongratsSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 15
dragontears
Senior Contributor

I just realized, with my Discover It sitting at $35,500 and the new CL on the miles card of 15,700 that brings my total exposure with Discover to $51,200 with $75,000 reported income (I didn't include annual bonus in my income) or ~68% of my annual income.
I am now wondering how high could it go......
Message 5 of 15
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

WoWeeee!!!

Nice cli Congrats!!!

000AAACheerleaders.gif

I can't get Disco to budge for me but then again, it's one of my least used cards../oh well

It's nice to see they actually do give out substantial increases! Well done YOU!

Message 6 of 15
trusty
Frequent Contributor

@dragontears wrote:
I just realized, with my Discover It sitting at $35,500 and the new CL on the miles card of 15,700 that brings my total exposure with Discover to $51,200 with $75,000 reported income (I didn't include annual bonus in my income) or ~68% of my annual income.
I am now wondering how high could it go......

What is the strategy that has worked for you guys, insofar as, timeframe between increases, etc?

Message 7 of 15
wingennis
Valued Contributor

Congratulations.  That is huge.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can only wish...happy for you...congrats on your increase!!

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fantastic CLI..congrats.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.