Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI after Luv button denial!

tag
jayjayhawaii
Regular Contributor

Discover CLI after Luv button denial!

This month is quite the milestone for me. One of my FICO8 scores crossed the 700 marker for the first time in my rebuilding history, and my total SL just passed $20k.

I went to Discover and hit the luv button, but no cigar. Instant denial. I didn't recon.

Today I logged onto my Discover account and noticed the SL had increased from $2,400 to $3,100! No emails, no notifications, no nothing, just a denial letter two days prior lol. I called Discover and they confirmed they had indeed given me a $700 CLI!

This Disco ball works in mysterious ways. They seem to like it when I near max out the card, carry a maxed out balance, then pay down to below 30%. That's what happened right before they graduated me, and that's what happened right before this CLI (my only post-grad CLI).

Current FICO8:

2017: $200 secured card | 2023: $200,000+ total credit line
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover CLI after Luv button denial!

They're not afraid of usage, that's for sure. Congrats! on your surprise CLI. 

Message 2 of 8
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

They're not afraid of usage, that's for sure. Congrats! on your surprise CLI. 

Thats why I think I don't get much love, I put 100 dollars on it every now and then and then pay it right off. I always get the reason " insuffucient use of current credit line" .

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 8
jayjayhawaii
Regular Contributor

I can't really explain it any other way. YMMV of course.

But I had a $2,400 limit on it as a secured card. Stuck being secured for 15 months until I carried a 95% balance on it. Paid it down to below 30% the following month and BAM! Unsecured.

Had it stuck at the $2,400 unsecured SL for 4 months. Carried an 88% balance on it last statement, paid down to 30% and BAM! CLI.

Current FICO8:

Message 4 of 8
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

@jayjayhawaii wrote:

I can't really explain it any other way. YMMV of course.

But I had a $2,400 limit on it as a secured card. Stuck being secured for 15 months until I carried a 95% balance on it. Paid it down to below 30% the following month and BAM! Unsecured.

Had it stuck at the $2,400 unsecured SL for 4 months. Carried an 88% balance on it last statement, paid down to 30% and BAM! CLI.

CONGRATS Smiley Happy Did your statement just cut? or how long has your new statement been cut? Thank you op Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
jayjayhawaii
Regular Contributor

Statement cut on the 28th (Friday). I hit the luv button that same evening. Denied.

Woke up Monday to a $700 CLI.

Current FICO8:

Message 6 of 8
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

@jayjayhawaii wrote:
Statement cut on the 28th (Friday). I hit the luv button that same evening. Denied.

Woke up Monday to a $700 CLI.

Thank you I kinda knew your statement cut Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.