Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI after denial

tag
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

Discover CLI after denial

Went in for a CLI after my 100 days after getting the card and got the 5day letter. It stated I have too many new account, util, and some older student loan baddies. I figure, get my cards down to zero and don't try for 6 more months. I got an email stating I got a 300 increase to put my limit at 1600. I will take it.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover CLI after denial

@Blackswizz750 wrote:
Went in for a CLI after my 100 days after getting the card and got the 5day letter. It stated I have too many new account, util, and some older student loan baddies. I figure, get my cards down to zero and don't try for 6 more months. I got an email stating I got a 300 increase to put my limit at 1600. I will take it.

Congrats on CLI. What was your usage like? From what I have read they are good with CLIs. I am under the impression I can go from 2500 to maybe even 4000 after two months of good usage.

Message 2 of 8
padme
Established Contributor

use it as a gas and grocery card see what happens
Message 3 of 8
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

I used it for all kinds of stuff and got a nice comeback. I use my bce for groceries and gas now or my charge card. With my profile, I am still rebuilding and have old lates that are 4-5 years old from student loans. They won't budge. I am not worried about. I may try online since the email came to double dip.
Message 4 of 8
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

That's something Disco isn't known for and seems to be new.  Deny and then slip you some money on the DL a few days later.  

Hopefully they are reviewing denials since they broke the 2-day reviews when they fixed things 3/29.

Message 5 of 8
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

I hope so too. When I got the denial a couple weeks ago, I didn't give it another thought. On the last post, I meant the cash back has been nice. I run a lot through it and I want to try a couple of the discover deals. When I see a company I use regularly I will try it. I tried the doubledip and got the 3-5. So that is not back either.
Message 6 of 8
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

At least you got some backdoor action with the CLI.  It's a step in the right direction but, something's still wonky if that's how they're going to do it.  

Message 7 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice going Blackswizz. Every little bit helpsSmiley Wink

Bluff, good luck on going from 2500 to 4000 in 2 months, i started out with 2500 and 6 months later im at 3000 so....YMMVSmiley Wink
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.