Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI approval -- $300

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover CLI approval -- $300

Congrats on your CLI. Sorry it was so small. They sure are weird lately.

Message 11 of 14
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

Congrats! I just had a $450 increase from $3,250. I immediately called their CLI phone line 800-347-4856 and I was approved for another $550 for a total of $1,000 increase to $4,250. Be sure to call that number every time you get an increase through their button. They have always approved me more without a HP.

Your advice is good advice.

I once actually did that, and did receive an extra $1k or so.

But I decided that I'm never going to do that again; it felt like groveling.

For others ok, but for me it's not my style.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I don't think I'd do that either.  I'm lucky if a use more than 2% of the limit they give me already and I just go for CLIs for S&G's at this point only to see if I can get more.  This month I received a $500 CLI from Discover, tied for the lowest I've ever gotten from them.  The last time I got a $500 CLI, I went 9 months without getting another one... so I'm thinking that this $500 from a few weeks ago is a sign that things have likely dried up for me again.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just had the same, called into the number above, wished the guy a happy Easter, and he told me he could give me an extra 700 without a hard pull... went from 1200 SL to 2200 at exactly 90 days.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.