cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI's x 2..both cards...Finally!!

tag
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Discover CLI's x 2..both cards...Finally!!

@outofcredit wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@outofcredit wrote:

Little back story..Got first discover in April 2016, secured $200 limit.  Thirty months later, (yes, 30 months) it finally graduated with a $750 limit.  There it has sat until today.  Finally, Discover gave me a cli to $1700 after denying me an increase 3 weeks ago.  This card taught me patience.  Discover approved a second card for me in April 2022, just for fun I requested an increase on this one also.  Surprise!! After a mere 6 months they gave me a cli, $2000 to $3500!!  I think they're warming up to meSmiley LOL

@outofcredit, At least you only waited 30 months. I waited a little longer for less of CLI'sSmiley Tongue

@M_Smart007, I would have much rather had your great SL's than my long awaited CLI's.  Maybe, I'll progress faster now that they've finally gave me initial CLI's on both cards.

@outofcredit, My limits on My Discover cards pale in comparison to some others on myFICO.

I do have enough SL for the quarters where I max the caps. The more credit you attain, the harder they are to grow. IMO

Also they want to be your daily driver(s) ..that aint going to happen. So probably be another 3 years before more $500 CLI'sSmiley Tongue

Message 11 of 17
OneGun
Established Member

I started with a secured Discover in March of 2020 with $600 limit. In October 2020 they unsecured it and gave me a $1500 limit. I have been denied a CLI every time I've tried. I am on SSDI with only a income of 28k. Tonight I applied for a second Discover IT after reading post on this forum and I got approved for 7k. 

Message 12 of 17
CardAddict
Established Member

Congratulations on your increases!

*My posts are NOT advice in any form. I am NOT responsible for the actions you take.

Message 13 of 17
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Discover CLI's

Message 14 of 17
outofcredit
Established Contributor

@OneGun wrote:

I started with a secured Discover in March of 2020 with $600 limit. In October 2020 they unsecured it and gave me a $1500 limit. I have been denied a CLI every time I've tried. I am on SSDI with only a income of 28k. Tonight I applied for a second Discover IT after reading post on this forum and I got approved for 7k. 

Congrats on your 2nd approval! Nice SL. I requested my cli's after reading @mgood post about successfully getting an increase! 

Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, I've learned to dance in the rain.
Message 15 of 17
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Discover CLIs 🤑👍👍

Message 16 of 17
CardAddict
Established Member

Congratulations!

*My posts are NOT advice in any form. I am NOT responsible for the actions you take.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.