cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI today - Wow they are good to me!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover CLI today - Wow they are good to me!

I'll be brief but I just had to share with someone lol, and I have no one in real life to share with so you guys get the privlege I guess! I stared with Discover 15 months ago with a $1500 limit, they were my third card then. They gave me several CLIs and I was up to an amazing $12,900 three months ago which was double my next highest limit of 6k from Cap1 who I've had for over 6 years. Tried after 30 days and was denied a cli so I waited two more months and to try again and got the two days message. Last time I was denied, needed more experience with limit message. I've spent maybe $40 on my Discover since then, tonight I see I was granted a $6000 CLI! Holy cow. Triple my closest limit elsewhere! $19000 limit now, I just can't believe it.

As a note I tried Cap1 the same day, denied. Been over 6 months since last one with Cap1 and their entire credit line to me is 6k and I've been with them for 6 years. Discover gives me that in a single cli. Wow. Just pretty happy and wanted to share.

I've sure come a long way in the 18 or so months I've been on here, I'm sure glad I stumbled upon this place and I honestly cannot remember now I found it. So glad I did as I've learned so much and it has benefitted me immensely.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Discover CLI today - Wow they are good to me!

Congrats on the CL!  Smiley Very Happy

Discover is indeed awesome!  Smiley Wink

(Having this moved over to 'Credit Card Approvals')

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are definitely in the FastLane with Discover! 

I am sure someone was going to say that .. I figured I would beat them to the punch. 

Congratulations. 

I am at only 3 months I thought they would of given me an automatic increase by now.  

So I think it was 3 weeks ago I hit the luv button and only got $500.  

I keep thinking they will give me an automatic.. not yet.  

I plan to hit the button after my next statement that will happen probably the first week in Sept. 

Ugh I want to hit it now... especially after reading your post. 

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to you!  You've really gotten some terrific increases in the last 15 months! I have also learned so much following these forums, and I enjoy my daily sign-ins.  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just tried after reading this post and I got no luv....no luv at all lol

Message 5 of 10
Indycoltsfan
Regular Contributor

I just tried after reading this post and no luv for me.  Congratulations on your increase!

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

RockStar and Indy .... 

When was did you open your cards? 

What were you starting limits? 

How many increases have you received?  Any Automatic? 

When is the last time you requested an increase?  Was it a increase or decline? 

Message 7 of 10
Indycoltsfan
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

RockStar and Indy .... 

When was did you open your cards? 2/2015

What were you starting limits? $800 - now $3,000

How many increases have you received?  Any Automatic? Received increases of $500, $700 and $1000 - only one was automatic (the first one)

When is the last time you requested an increase?  Was it a increase or decline?   Last increase (6/2016) was approved for $1000  Disover has never decreased my limit.

Hope this helps!

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Indycoltsfan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

RockStar and Indy .... 

When was did you open your cards? 2/2015

What were you starting limits? $800 - now $3,000

How many increases have you received?  Any Automatic? Received increases of $500, $700 and $1000 - only one was automatic (the first one)

When is the last time you requested an increase?  Was it a increase or decline?   Last increase (6/2016) was approved for $1000  Disover has never decreased my limit.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for the data points! 

Very impressive.  

I am guessing you will be due soon for another one .. maybe September. 

Keep us posted.  

I love this kind of the information. 

Message 9 of 10
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats to you  !!!!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.