Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI yay!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover CLI yay!

So happy this morning, logged in to Discover for my first CLI (after 91 day wait) and got $4K CLI! Started at $3K... Now at $7K. Woo hoo!

Especially awesome after sacrificing a HP on Friday to try and get my Chase Freedom above $1,500 only to be denied, Lol

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover CLI yay!

Congrats on your increase!!!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your CLI, very happy for you! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 12
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (March 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the CLI

Message 5 of 12
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Very nice increase! Congrats!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 12
surferchris
Valued Contributor

Congrats

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome!!! What are your scores? I was only given a CLI of $500 at my 91 day mark.... so I'm curious to see how our scores compare. 

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU 759 ... Also, I don't know if not carrying a balance was a factor, because my husband had his 91 day about a month before mine, and he was also only approved for $500 CLI, but on his card we have a balance transfer (util was at 86%) and his TU was 708

Message 9 of 12
degs138
Established Contributor

You can report a balance but you have to pay your statement amount off at the end of each billing cycle.  That gives the largest credit limit increase.  I payed over my statement amount each due date and I have been given quite a large increase in 4 months.  Now that I'm at 14.2k I'm just going to pay the statement balance each due date and see how high I can get.

FICO TU 757 Eq 741 116,900 Total revolving Credit.
Favorite cards: AMEX BCP, US Bank Cash+, Chase Sapphire Prefered
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.