Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover CLI

I was just approved for a SP CLI of $1500.
I opened the card at $9K in October 2017. Previously, I was on the $500 CLI train. DPs below.

January - $0 Reported
February - $1000 Reported - $500 CLI (Didn’t Double Dip)
March - $0 Reported
April - $500 Reported - $1500 CLI (Didn’t attempt Double Dip as it’s the weekend.)
Current CL - $11K

Discover Scorecard Score - TU FICO 8 - 740
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover CLI

Congrats! I hope they’re still generous later this month when I hit the luv button!
Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your increase! 

Message 3 of 20
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Congrats on the great CLI!
Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice CLI. 

I too got a CLI from Discover after about 3 months of heavy use and 0% utilization. I went from $7500 to $11,200. 

I looking to see if theyll give me another increase in 3 months or so. 

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice CLI. 

I too got a CLI from Discover after about 3 months of heavy use and 0% utilization. I went from $7500 to $11,200. 

I looking to see if theyll give me another increase in 3 months or so. 

That was quite the boost. Nice!

Message 6 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

3x AJC specials, NOICESmiley Happy
Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I hope to get some sp cli luv myself on the Discover IT card in 3 months.

Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
3x AJC specials, NOICESmiley Happy

First thing I though was AJC will be proud. 

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all...

Uhm... some dumb Discover CLI Q’s if you don’t mind pls?

I got my Discover IT card 6-7 months ago (looked here and 6 months seemed like a decent amount of time for a CLI) so set my phone calendar 📆 timer to remind me after 6-7 months... The alarm just went off Saturday and came back here today (SUN) (myFICO) to double check that 6 months was okay and that no HP would get pulled and that my CLI request would be somewhat acceptable. Chrck, check and check. ✅

Interestingly enough, my intial line (out of the gate) 6-7 months ago was $10,500 with a 741 FICO 8 score.

I saw that my TU dropped several ticks the past 2 months (got a new Amex and that HP dropped me 8pts then it edged back up 5pts on my CRA scores since) and of course FICO follows TU suit up or down. But point is, 741 is “excellent” in Discovers eyes when I first applied, yet today when I checked my APR statement I saw it’s 739 today, which pushed me down to “good” in Discovers view. (2 point net swing 741 to 739 dropped me from “excellent” to “good”) sigh.

Moving on.... My overall total UTIL today is 11% (10.2% to be totally accurate) and will PIF on May 1st, payday - but I’m buying a new car in May and know my score will be dropping 5-20 pts after the dealer gets done pulling my files etc and the loan debt is added on to my scores (or so says every loan “simulator” I’ve tried online) saying it’ll drop about 20-25 pts no matter if it’s a $10k car or $45k car (shrug)

Anyway my first question since it’s a Sunday but keep seeing/reading this here - I think I just screwed up and should have waited till Monday, a business day. But what’s done is done. That said what is this “Double Dip” thing I keep reading about on here? I’ve read several forum posts and don’t see anyone that got a 5 figure initial line of credit w/ Discover - so it was hard to gauge “what to expect” when I hit the CLI luv button. So if someone could clarify the DD thing (process) and if it’s possible for me to get this bumped up somehow, I’d greatly appreciate it. Thanks Smiley Happy

My primary reason to get a Discover card was it’s perks and matching funds (have over $700 in matching funds thus far- Ace!) Plus I took advantage of their 18 Mo. @ 0% APR offer on bal transfers and moved a couple of highe APR% over to Discover. Anyway - given how generous they were with my initial card limit, I was kinda expecting at least say $3k?!?

I just hit the CLI luv button tonight and entered all my usual info and ..... drumroll please.... the “computer” approved me for a whopping $500 CLI!!!. (Yup, that’s 3 digits = $500. Not like $5000?!?) .... FWIW, I did well with the Amex Blue 3x “doubling game”... and got even more luv from Synchrony who just tripled one of my lines with them to over $12.5K).

So how much of this is me having a 5-6% current balance? For as mentioned, I took advantage of their 18 Mo. 0% APR balance transfer deal but never went over 10% on that card, and have paid it down 70% within 6 months?!? (Double shrug!?)

I’m not looking for more cash - I’m just trying to increase my overall credit line amounts which helps lower my overall UTIL and I’ve also noticed that with each increase I get my scores jump bigtime. (as said, Synchrony bumped me $8500 2-3 months ago and my scores all shot up over 20pts!) So I’m assuming there’s a correlation there?

Digressing - I’ll obviously take the $500, but compared to my Marvel, Amex and Synchrony increases - this makes no sense??? I pay early always and PIF before I did the Bal. Trans. (I mention this b/c someone commented that if you use it for BT “only” they frown on that?) I don’t. It’s actially my 3rd fav card and they’ve been great to work with till today (like many others have said, I too like the monthly printed statement FICO 08 score too) -

Anyway any comments from the peanut gallery as to why they didn’t show more luv would be appreciated? I’m at $70K+ now in total CL/LOC (from $0 only 2.5 years ago and have 17 accounts vs. 0 in 36 months) - so think I’m doing okay? Have 2 HP’s in 2 yrs. No collections/charge-offs and a perfect payment history (98% of my monthly bills are PIF for all 17 accounts, less the Discover B/T) (actually I’m only using 3-4 cards and the others are in the sock drawer). I make six figures and can’t think of anything else outside of “time” (AAOA is my only “C” score b/c I’ve been living overseas for the last 5 yrs prior to moving back in 2016) the rest are all “A’s” - so I dunno?

Any suggestions? Is there a number I can call on Monday? (I’m assuming this is the double dip thingy?) - If so, will I have to go thru like the $25k POI and taxes etc like Amex does? I’m just puzzled why their CLI was so low? Did I mess something up?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

BB
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.